Just updated my Wattbike Hub to latest version for the Beta control. I did activate the beta switch so both WattBike Hub and Zwift could run simultaneously but then decided it wasn’t something I wanted to use. I switched off the beta on the app and now when riding in free ride mode the power resistance does not change with the route ascents and descents just seems to hold on the gear resistance from the Wattbike. For example riding 0% in gear 6 shows 115 watts route changes to 3% ascent and still at 115 watts there was not change at all. If I click the gear 7 the resistance changes.
The beta update was supposed to work as which ever platform you opened 2nd then that would be the controlling platform. I have totally removed the Wattbike hub from all my devices and also uninstalled and reinstalled Zwift app and also total restart of devices to clear any cache data. But still I have the issue of Zwift route not providing the correct connection to control the Wattbike resistance?
Hi folks, I’m happy to help with this one. @Don_Whiley , after you switched off the beta firmware in the Wattbike Hub app, did you reconnect to the trainer (in Wattbike Hub) to revert to the previous firmware?
i also have the same problem, the difficulty slider is not working, zwift updated before the ride so it may be a bug
It’s a Wattbike issue. When I did the rollback to production firmware the bike no longer sends power to Zwift … or to Wattbike Hub. Ooops.
So, I’m now stuck with Beta Firmware and effectively no gradient info being sent from Zwift to the Wattbike. Oh, and still waiting on a response from Wattbike several days later. I’ve been happier.
thanks this has worked, watt bike is back on previous firmware & the difficulty slider is now working
Thank you @Stuart_Bartram ! It looks like this is a side effect of the beta firmware. I’ll make sure this is known at HQ.
@David_Galbraith , I’m sorry that you’re still having issues. Please let me know if you’re having any troubles once WattBike gets you back to production firmware.
Thanks for the reply, I have gone back to production firmware and everything is working ok