Wahoo kickr snap spikes and loses power above 4% grades

Every time I hit a grade of 4% or higher, the wattage immediately spikes, then goes to zero until grade goes below 4%. I’m using either iPhone X or iPad Pro with latest OS. Have wahoo HR and Kickr connected via Bluetooth. Been working with Wahoo on all their reset guidance and calibrations. Still doesn’t work. Thinking I may need to delete device profile from Zwift regarding the Kickr Snap, but can’t find the guidance on this. Saw some similar posts, but not exactly the same. Note, I also have Kickr Climb, but have tried with that not connected also to find root cause.

Any script to try via Zwift app?

Hi Chris,

Welcome to the Zwift forums!

The device profile (we call these the “prefs” and “knowndevices” files) is integrated into the app on iOS. So, the only way to clear it (that I’m aware of) is to delete the app and then download/install a fresh copy from the app store.

Let us know if that helps!

Hi Chris,

I am experiencing the same issue on my Snap - were you able to get sorted on this? if so - how did you come right?

Thanks so much!

I did this with Wahoo. I ended up proving the same issue using the Wahoo app when trying to increase the incline percentage past 3%. So, was not a Zwift issue. They were able to see the data from the Wahoo app and in my case confirmed that it looked like a failure in one of the snap components. They replaced my Snap. Note, they will go back and forth with you on setup procedures quite a bit to make sure it’s not a Bluetooth issue.

The replacement process seemed more to protect Wahoo from not getting the old trainer back, but it worked out on both sides. Overall, I was happy with their customer service.

Am happy with the new snap. It still loses about 70 watts when you go up the tower climb in Watopia, but their incline limit is about 12 % on the snap. So the 14% and my heavier than normal weight doesn’t help in these rare situations.

I do have to calibrate (via Wahoo & Zwift apps, separately) quite a bit on the snap. Hope this helps. I am moving up to higher end kickr with direct drive train and will either keep the snap as a spare or will donate it to our local youth cycling team.

Good luck!

Thanks so much for the detailed reply Chris - really appreciate it. Can I ask how long after you purchased your trainer this problem started occuring? I bought my Snap just over 2 years ago. It may be out of Warranty.

Again, I really appreciate all your help!

My issue started about 5 months from purchase in April 2019. I started reporting then to Wahoo, but summer weather took me off the trainer and away from the issue. I restarted my thread with them in late September 2019. They finally replaced it in November once I got data to them from the wahoo app.

So, it was within a year, but still worth a shot trying to troubleshoot with them. Hope they give you cover even though in the 2 year range. If not, maybe they will give you some kind of discount to keep a wahoo customer.
I suspect they are pretty slammed with business booming in this Crisis. Much of their stuff is back ordered. Good luck.

1 Like

Hi Steven, I also got a Snap that is 4 months over 2 years old with the same issue. Were you lucky with Wahoo getting it replaced? BR Eckhard