Suddenly way to high wattage power , Wahoo Kickr snap 17?

Hi Zwifters
Running Zwift with my Wahoo kickr snap 17 and PC/WIN 10 and ANT+ antenna. Worked perfect last winter/spring but now I have a problem.
After about 30-45 minutes of use the wattage power suddenly increases 3-4 times without that i put in any extra effort. If I do around 2 wattage per kilo, it goes up to 6-8 wattage per kilo. Like I suddenly becom Froome and passes everyone easy. The hill up/down still feels but it goes way much faster and easier than it should be.
Have been like this for the last 6 trainings. Have work normal one time at the Watopia a couple of days ago
but yesterday the problem was back. Normal wattage for 30 minutes, then way to high for 5 minutes, then back to normal for 10 and then back to 6-8 wattage per kilo. Very annoiying and it is hard to know where the problem is coming from. PC, Antenna, Zwift or trainer?
Do not help to restart Zwift. Spinndown do not help either. Trainer have latest firmware. Only to unplugg and
restart trainer can help. Have also tride to run with Android Swift companion app and BT. But same problem appears.

It is like the Kickr snap sends out wrong info when it gets hot. Any clue or experience what the problem might be?

Rgds
Niclas

Hey Niclas, we may have a fix for this coming out soon. Check this post out:

Did this issue become fully resolved? I’m having very similar issues with my 2nd gen wahoo Kickr and Zwift. A few minutes into rides my wattage becomes consistently higher. The problem seems to happen on both Bluetooth and ANT.

Hi Adam

No, but Wahoo (at the reseller store) swapped my kickr snap to another unit and have not seen the problen ever appeard on the new unit. So the problem was clearly in the Kickr snap, and not in any of my other connected hardware as PC or ANT+ antenna.

Rgds

Niclas Berge

Den ons 6 maj 2020 03:32Adam via Zwift Forums gozwift@discoursemail.com skrev:

My son & I use the same (JetBlack whisper smart) trainer and are working through the ‘build me up’ course. All works well for me since I realised i just need to keep the cadence at the required level and let the trainer adjust the resistance. However, when my son keeps the target cadence the power is often way above target or, sometimes, below. We connect either by iPhone or Macbook and are not sure what might be wrong / how to fix it.

Any suggestions welcome!

David

PS: Not sure if I’m writing in the right place… please redirect me if needs be!