Wahoo Cadence Sensor Not Properly Recording RPM

Virtually since I began using Zwift (+/- nearly 10 months) I have had trouble getting my Sunny spin bike outfitted with the Wahoo speed and cadence sensors. No problem with the speed sensor but the cadence sensor would almost always (99.99% of the time) fail to record my cadence.

Wahoo even replaced my devices and I’ve tried every suggested fix without success.

Last week I happened to catch a YouTube video where a guy showed how to connect the Moofit speed and cadence sensors to his spin bike. So I bought the devices from Amazon at half the cost of the Wahoo devices and they worked perfectly the two times I’ve ridden with them installed. Zwift even finds them almost immediately so I dont spend time trying to pair the devices each and every time.

Hi,

I bought the Moofit cadence sensor, and although it seems to pair with Zwift, and registers my cadence on the pairing screen, my avatar doesn’t move in the app. Any chance you can drop the link to the YouTube video so I can see if I’m doing something wrong please?

Did you manage to pair them immediately - what options did you choose in the product menus, as Moofit isn’t mentioned?

thanks

Hi @SarahSe, welcome to the forums. You need a speed sensor for Zwift, cadence is nice to have, but it will not allow your avatar to move unless you also have a speed sensor.

1 Like

Hi Sara,

After going through multiple iterations of Wahoo speed and cadence sensors as well as frustration with the Wahoo heart rate monitor, I saw a video on You Tube of a guy who recommended Moofit. I bought the Moofit speed, cadence and heart rate monitor, installed the devices in the same locations as the previous Wahoo devices and started pedaling.

Zwift saw the devices by their model numbers, not brand name, immediately and I’ve had zero problems since. Its been around six months without a single problem where I constantly had problems with the Wahoo products.

Sorry but I didn’t do anything to my rig or the software once the devices were installed.

Allen

Allen Weitzman

aweitzman.ret@gmail.com

And Mike is right, you need a speed sensor most importantly, I missed that in your email.

Thanks Mike.

Allen

Allen Weitzman

aweitzman.ret@gmail.com

Thanks both for your help, very much appreciated :star_struck:

I will order the speed sensor this evening and hopefully see you in Watopia very soon

:biking_woman:

1 Like