Upload fit file to Zwift

That was my personal opinion.

But if a fit file can be hack proof then sure.

It will be nice if Zwift can check your fit files during startup and compare it to your data and update uoir stats with missing info.

Maybe not hack proof, but harder to hack than ANT+ or BLE signals.

1 Like

Until someone find a way, and post it on FB. :frowning:

A bulletproof solution mostly doesn’t exist. Usually, it’s a matter of costs against benefits. A cheater would be able to:

a) ride an e-bike;
b) ride a flawed trainer;
c) fake a ble or ant+ sensor;
d) fire up a bot that automagically rides;

bla bla bla

bla bla bla
z) play with a sophisticated debugger or similar exfiltration project.

IMHO the policy against fit file recovers damages legit users doing mostly nothing to discourage cheaters. In the end, If I want to, I’m able to upload to Zwift anything but a legit crashed workout, that looks a bit silly.

Full disclosure, before someone objects.
I don’t ride a bike, not indoor at least, and MTB single tracks if outdoors. Here I’m in Zwift, level 48, with a rower and an ANT+ proxy. If I’d race, I’ll be a cheater, so I don’t race in Zwift.

Paolo.

1 Like

Totally agree with you @Paolo_Cecchini5714_Z

If people want to cheat they will.

Recovering a fit file will be nice.

If Zwift can write a fit file they can also generate a encrypted .zwr file that get scanned on login and uploaded if the previous ride did not.

“I made .zwr up
 Zwift recovery” LOL

True, but with the encryption key on your local device, this can be hacked. As with most computer security measures, it’s an arms race.

Still, there are so many other ways to cheat, this shouldn’t be an excuse for not offering the very useful feature of recovering from a crash or network outage.

eSports issues are not that unsimilar - still Zwift is pursuing it.

+1 for .zwr 

(I know when I don’t know enough about something - and cryptography is one such. At the same time, I am sure Zwift can find those that do - and solve this in a reasonable manner; I’ve been told nothing is absolutely secure - and Zwift FIT file need not be; just “secure enough”.)

Me too :slight_smile:

That’s, let Zwift deal with.

As a homemade workaround, I already proposed this.

When a user joins Zwift, generate a sort of passphrase for him. The user must not know about it. The key must be stored at Zwift database. When the user login, pass the passphrase back to the App. Now the key is on ram and it’s not trivial to reverse engineer the software to find the ram address for the key. At logout, of course, the full stuff will be purged.

P.

Just lost yet another very tough ride upon uploading. I have the .fit file which was uploaded to strava but unfortunately it’s not showing up on Zwift. Why’s support completely ignoring this issue? We’re paying customers and this is a horrible user experience. Here’s a thought
 if we take to social media with our issues instead of their forums then maybe they’ll actually show some effort and care for their paying customers.

1 Like

+1 from me.
Just lost a 1œ hour workout due to broken internet connection.
The silly thing is when clicking Save and Exit at the end there’s no mention of the lack of connectivity. A simple warning could have made me move my tablet to restore connection.
It even says the automatic screenshot is uploaded first which it clearly isn’t.

1 Like

Yup, another +1 for this after having to upload tonight’s race .fit file to Strava and Training Peaks, but no Zwift after it crashed on saving! Utterly useless Zwift!

+1 more. Only have half my ride
should be easy to implement looking at the end and start of the fit file

+1 for me
 I’m not fussed if people are cheating - I’m sure many will, but it doesn’t effect my enjoyment of Zwift
 It’s no different from when people get a KOM on Strava by mistake when driving their car, or through bad GPS data, it’s not worth getting stressed about.
But I would like to recover a ride when I’ve lost data. Seems a shame not to get that badge or whatever level up you were hoping for, especially if you busted a gut over a number of hours. People will always cheat if they are determined to, I just can’t think why they’d care to
 I guess boredom? frustration?

1 Like

+1. Exactement pareil. Entrainements non comptabilisés dans zwift mais sur zc,zp,garmin et strava oui

Merci zwift pour votre logiciel mais depuis que ce problĂšme a Ă©tĂ© remonté plus d’un an
toujours le mĂȘme souci, Ă  quand la correction de ce bug?
Merci.

+1. It’s almost mid 2020 and we still have not seen the fix for this. It’s still buggy!

Just lost first stage of “zwift tour for all” this afternoon.

In Rouvy, you can re-upload an activity 
 why can’t we do the same thing in ZWIFT ???

One simple solution would be a check during the Zwift startup and re-upload the activites not properly uploaded. This solution avoid any GUI devs

1 Like

+1 for this. Just lost a workout, have the local file. Frustrating!

1 Like

Completely agree: I’m new to zwift and so far have lost 2 rides out of 7. Given I pay for this service the fact Ive spent more time troubleshooting networks, file systems, and application errors and lack of any response from zwift beyond ‘for technical reasons’ means Ive decided to leave the platform and look at alternatives (bkool is looking good). Progress is an important motivator for me and not knowing if a ride will actually get logged is really starting to ruin the experience. Additionally, as someone who has worked supporting software development for other companies I really begrudge paying for an unreliable experience. The minimum that paid for software should acheive is not losing the data it says its tracking for you

3 Likes

Agreed, I have been off Zwift for a while and this probably the sole reason I will cancel my subscription again. Loosing rides is super frustrating and not necessary if Zwift would just upload the file that they created in the first place. This could just be done on startup of the next session.

1 Like