[UNOFFICIAL] Zwift manual / players guide

(Brian Cheung) #1

After seeing all the questions on here, I took the liberty of creating an unofficial manual. The doc is at http://goo.gl/W8XeeX.

It’s definitely a work in progress and something I literally just threw together 30 seconds before making this post.

If you’d like to be an editor, shoot me an email at bdcheung {at} google {dot} com

(Richard Jodoin #HauteRoute_Asheville) #2

great stuff! I was working one too so will look at adding info to your template maybe. Quick note: 8lbs isnot 17 kgs. Think you meant the opposite. Also power and cadence are in top left, not right. Cheers!

(Brian Cheung) #3

Richard you’re right – I got my conversion rates mixed up!

(Claude Binchet) #4

Was helpful after my first ride today!

(Greg Gibson-Haymarket) #5

You should add something abut the .fit files being saved locally in the documents/zwift/activities folder. I see this question come up most often in the support forums.

(Greg Gibson-Haymarket) #6

…and that riders moving erratically on the road, or running off road, typically indicates that the erratic rider is having either network difficulties or has a low-end video card with a sub-par frame rate.

(Brian Cheung) #7

Added! I put in a new “FAQ” section for these kinds of topics.

(Matt Buckleman WBR (B)) #8

Thank you for starting this!

(Carraway Precia) #9

Tried to email you but got a Delivery to the following recipient failed permanently… can you email me at appdeveloper (at) gmail (dot) com?

(M .) #10

This is great, well done!

(Kenneth Trueman) #11

Hi.

A couple of additions for the unlockables section. Level 7 unlocks the steel bike. I think level 6 was the classic wheels.

As for the feather boost, I got the impression it was about .5 watts/kg of boost, as opposed to a specific amount in pounds…

Thanks for doing this. :slight_smile:

(James Gill | TitaniumGeek) #12

Tried to email too. I have also created a web version of a user manual. But it’s rather picture heavy at www.titaniumgeek.com. If you’d like to combine them, please email me through the site

(Kenneth Trueman) #13

Level 8 was the Zipp 404 wheels. I just hit level 9, which unlocks the regular camo jerseys (as opposed to level 11, which unlocks the digital camo jerseys).

(James Gill | TitaniumGeek) #14

Thanks Kenneth. I’ve updated things to show that. Interested to see whats beyond level 15 when the next update comes!

(Matthew Simpkins) #15

hi Brian,

Would like to contribute. can you add me with simpkinsmpa (@) gmail (.com)

(Brian Cheung) #16

You got it, Matthew!  Thanks!

(Kenneth Trueman) #17

Brian, if you want to add me as a contributor / editor as well, I would be happy to help. I have experience writing FAQs and user guides, in addition to being a stickler for language. :slight_smile:

kenneth.trueman@gmail.com

(Brian Cheung) #18

Done!  Thanks Kenneth!

(Mike Blaszczak) #19

I’ve never gotten the listed F1-F10 commands to do anything noticeable in the application. Do they really work?   Is this document current? There’s nothing listed past Level 15, for example; and when I got an achievement for 500 watts, it had a different name than listed in the document.

(Brian Cheung) #20

The F-commands definitely work.

I haven’t put anything past level 15 because I’m only level 15 myself.

What was the achievement named for the 500 watts?