Tour Of Watopia Stage 3 - just got chucked out of stage for no reason

It crashed me out tonight right before the cool down. 6:45 PM PST

Very disappointing.

The Zwift app quit as soon as it entered the last 5 minutes cool down on April 16, 2019. I restarted the app, asked if I wanted to resume, answered YES but it only took me back to Watopia, not Stage 3. I picked up mileage and ride time where it crashed. Running Zwift on iPad as usual.

Shannon

Crashed for the second time today. 10 mins to go in the Jungle, large pack of riders, lots of dust. Crashed yesterday with 15 mins to go.

2017 iPad Pro 12.9"

Hmmm, I will try tonight using Apple TV and see if I am successful.

Yes-Got ejected out of ToW#3 with 5 minutes to go on my Apple TV. I donā€™t have time to ride it again.

I just got ejected using my Apple TV. :disappointed_relieved:(

I got knocked out twice today on Stage 3 too. Once at 13:00 UK time when I didnā€™t get started before being chucked out. Later at 19:00 UK time I did all the 10 seconds high power sections before getting crashed out and sent back to the pen.
I love Zwift, but am frustrated today!

Meant to say was using iPad mini which usually gives no problems whatsoever.

Yes got kicked out of the app 8 mins into the second sweet spot yesterday and at exactly the same point in tonightā€™s ride. Using Apple TV.

Sounds like I should try my Macbook Pro laptop then and see if it happens on the zwift app there. I sent my los in. Highly recommend those that can do the same.

Zwift Support feedback:
To assist us in looking into the cause of this crash, please send us a copy of all your log files.

Yep, me too with 5 minutes to finish. Not happy!! Emailed support to see what they can do. Grrrr

@Lauren_MZwift I looked at my log. And it would seem that when lots of us rubber band together which is what was happening when I got dropped that the Frame Rate dropped thru the floor. Not sure if that is why I got bummed out.

For the 2nd day in a row. Zwift for iOs has crashed out of ToW while I was partly done with the stage, 1st on an iPhone 7 and 2nd on an iPad. This is rather troublesome (read, Iā€™m less likely to continue paying) since Zwift provides itā€™s app to these devices.

If Zwift wants to be an application for only those who buy the most advanced IT products with the most expensive processors and GPUs, please say that so that the general public can engage in virtual cycling elsewhere.

TG

Yes, it seems many have. For the 2nd day in a row. Zwift for iOs has crashed out of ToW while I was partly done with the stage, 1st on an iPhone 7 and 2nd on an iPad.

I emailed support straight after this happened and they say they recognised that there was a problem and are going to manually credit Stage 3 to me.

They are very quick to respond to emails but the manual credit hasnā€™t happened yet.

I was using an iPhone XR and latest iOS

2 Likes

Thanks, I too emailed support & will get credit for the stage. I am glad to see that Zwiftā€™s support staff is responding to this concern.

2 Likes

I just had the same experience. I was in the last 4 minutes of the sweet spot interval and was kicked out. The sad part is I was nearly complete and now have to start it all over. Heard several others making the same comment during the ride.

Same here but if you contact Zwift support they will credit you with the whole stage (which is good because I donā€™t fancy doing it again tomorrow!).

1 Like

Last night (19:00 EDT), it dumped me out at the halfway point, about 3 minutes into the first sweet spot. Today, (12:00 EDT), it dumped me out with about 10 minutes left. Running Zwift on Apple TV 4K and it just suddenly dropped out to the main screen (app selection). With the first one being under the late join cutoff, it let me rejoin the event and I was put back in the workout in progress, but I was stuck in the start pens for the remainder of the time and did not get completion credit. Today, I resumed to a free ride at the point in the Jungle Circuit where I got dumped.

This is the only time Iā€™ve had mid-ride crashes on Apple TV and now itā€™s happened twice in 2 days for the same event.

Since Iā€™m on Apple TV, thereā€™s no way to get the log files, but I did contact support.

Just done the whole work out, 6pm UK time.
App crashed as I crossed the finish line, Iā€™m using a MacBook Pro with an Ant+ dongle.
Was running fine for the whole event, never had issues before.
Very frustrating!
Emailed support, hopefully they credit the event as completed?

Just had stage 3 manually credited. Thanks very much Zwift! :sunglasses::+1:

1 Like