Tour de Zwift 2022 FAQ

Good point, though I guess in theory, since each stage goes for 4 days, they could have done every other stage eg. Wed-Saturday, Sat-Tuesday. Same overall number of events.

I was hoping the long ride (A) on Stage 6 - “Go long” would be one of the really long rides. Not that the london pretzel is short (at 55km), but would be fun to ride in a group and get some draft for one of the bigger route badges. Guess they expected not many folks would want to do a long ride like that, even on the “go long” stage of the tour in.

I’m aware there are badge hunting series for these, but they are pretty sporadic for the really long rides in terms of timing where tour de zwift lets you start each hour for each stage.

Hi. I’m fairly new to zwift and only used it for workouts really so far. However my friend has just get a set up and we have both signed on to do the TdZ. Now can we arrange this a meet up and stick together or will we just have to try and find each other at the start?

You can’t complete a tour stage as a meetup, you will both need to join the same event and category, then join the pens as close to the same time as possible (this will help you be near each other) then find each other on route. Note, there are sometimes hundreds of people in each stage so it can be busy.

4 Likes

What Mike said, but also, get on discord so you can let each other know where you are and have a chat while riding (text chat is also possible but a bit harder work).

2 Likes

At the start of the stage, you and your friend should sit in the pen and don’t start pedaling for a minute or so.
This will allow the masses to move ahead and make it easier to find your friend.
All the riders may have the same kit on so we look like a mass of clones.
Starting a minute late should still allow you to catch up to many groups of riders but you will never see the leaders.

1 Like

Thanks for the reply’s I will let him know

I am newer here. While on the ZdT warmup ride the companion app has buttons I have never seen. What is the arrow up and arrow down? I think I figured out the elbows? Is there somewhere that explains all that? Thanks.

This should help: Zwift How-To: Using Zwift Companion for Workouts | Zwift, also this: Workout Mode

1 Like

Any news on when the schedules for stages 7 and 8 will be released?

Sorry if this was already asked…
Do we have to complete each stage during a specific event time? For example, if I hop on at 5:30 verse the scheduled 5:03 time, will I be able to still join and get credit? Or do I really need to hit the event time?
Thanks!

1 Like

Does ZHQ have the TdZ rides setup to “Shows Results” – these stage rides don’t show up on Zwifthacks Events, so can’t check myself?

I think if this capability for event leaders to show results on rides were taken away, you’d have quite a lot of grumbling – certainly more than if you leave it in.

Is there a discord channel for TdZ rides? Otherwise the social aspect is the message function? I could be off-base but I have to think the vast majority of riders don’t message, at least after the start. OTOH, I think a lot of riders, though they know they’re not technically participating in a ‘race’, will put in their best effort and might well be interested to see how they did against other members of the field. If I were a runner and participated in the NYC Marathon, I’d be interested in the same, even though I’d have no expectation of coming in anywhere close to contention for any prize.

Of course participants don’t know who else is also putting in best efforts, though they may have a feel for this looking at the results of those in a pack near them at the end and how their ride behavior looked.

These aren’t set to show results and I don’t think we have done for large series for some time. I think you’re replying across two different threads though John.

No… Gerrie moved this post out of the other thread. So TdZ stages won’t show on Zwiftpower?

Hi John, The TdZ tends to have more people who chat on the messaging function compared to some other events, simply because the large numbers who enter mean there are more people who want to chat! This is one of the reasons I love the TdZ.

If you’re in an event with me (such as the “A” ride 1 1/2 hours from now), then please say hi - I’ll be chatting if other people are! And if you’re in a different event and it’s quiet then I recommend you just start the conversation. Often there are a lot of people who want to chat, but who just don’t want to be the first to say hello!

And for those who don’t want the chat, here’s how you can shut people like me up:

37 posts were merged into an existing topic: TDZ not showing on Zwiftpower

A post was merged into an existing topic: TDZ not showing on Zwiftpower

Yes 1700 UTC for me too.

@James_Zwift my post got moved to the zwiftpower post, but it was about not getting credit for stage 1. @S_Linn also had this problem.

here’s my post again:

i late-joined about 10 mins after the start of the stage 1 A-ride. i did 43 out of 49k. in past TDZ events, this always gave me credit for the stage.

when i crossed the finish, the “distance to go” countdown time started counting up, and it didn’t really seem like i had finished the ride, but everyone that was with me or ahead of me disappeared and i was in “1st” place.

i put in a ticket to support, but it’s not a big deal to re-do it if they can’t help me. these weeknight rides are hard to time exactly for me on the hour, though, so it’ll cramp my ability to finish some of the tour rides.

Thanks Dan. I’m not certain if late join allows credit for the event but I’m trying to find out for you.

1 Like