Tour de Zwift [2023]

Tour de Zwift is the largest celebration on Zwift! With eight stages, you have the chance to ride or run in exciting worlds with our global community. Cover more miles, with more friends, all while exploring the wonders of Zwift.

Tour de Zwift starts on January 9th, 2023 at 17:00 UTC (convert to your local time here) and runs through February 12th, 2023 at 07:59 UTC /. You will be able to register starting today (December 20, 2022) at 16:00 UTC!

There will be a few new things coming to Tour de Zwift this year, such as, event Robopacers, new routes and badges, and TdZ branded Ride-On Bombs. To learn more about the new things you will see during TdZ, check out the FAQ

Stages will be scheduled to run every hour and during make-up week, stages will run every 30 mins:

Stage 1: January 9, 2023 - January 12, 2023

Stage 2: January 13, 2023 - January 15, 2023

Stage 3: January 16, 2023 - January 19, 2023

Stage 4: January 20, 2023 - January 22, 2023

Stage 5: January 23, 2023 - January 26, 2023

Stage 6: January 27, 2023 - January 29, 2023

Stage 7: January 30, 2023 - February 2, 2023

Stage 8: February 3, 2023 - February 5, 2023

Make-up Week: February 6, 2023 - February 12, 2023

We are aware of a bug that results in avatars taking improper turns in events when late join is turned on. In order to ensure the best experience for those taking part in Tour de Zwift, we have adjusted the remaining Tour de Zwift events to no longer offer late join. If you have already signed up for an upcoming event, no action is required on your part.

Plus, Zwift and Pedal Mafia are teaming up to bring a whole collection of 2023 Tour de Zwift cycling and running gear to your closet. Check them out here.

Want to learn more about Tour de Zwift? You can check out the main page here

Ride On.

Sounds fun!
I do wish it was on-demand like the Tour of Makuri. I didn’t finish that tour, but it was great to be able to do some of the stages by myself if I chose. Of course we still need the option of events, but just thought on-demand would stay the norm.

3 Likes

I agree. I will be travelling during 5 of the 8 scheduled stages. Finding time slots during the make-up week for 5 rides will be difficult.

2 Likes

Oddly in stage 3, the Long route (A) is shorter than the Standard route (B). The two are also nearly the same distance.

I second this, seems strange that they have abandoned the on-demand style tour after it was a great success and everyone loved the flexibility of it.

2 Likes

distance may be similar but look at the elevation… two extremely different routes. La Reine takes a lot longer to complete.

Elevation: 1181 m // 3,875 ft
vs.
Elevation: 108 m // 354 ft

5 Likes

whoops LOL face palm

4 Likes

yeah me too, fixed start times mean i will be unlikely to complete any of the stages.

Hrm. The Makuri tour was a single world, no? This new one spans worlds and includes UCI event so I suspect there are certain go/no-go criteria that determine if a particular tour is going to be on-demand

Double XP would be nice :slight_smile: . Didn’t we get that for the last tour?

1 Like

I think double XP is for Tour of Watopia.

1 Like

A will definitely take you longer though!

1 Like

A past whinge of mine – it would have been nice if each stage’s last date was a Saturday, and the next stage was started on a Sunday. As it is, every other stage is weekday only.

1 Like

That would also make the tour twice as long.

which wouldn’t be an issue if it was on-demand, but maybe @Otto_Destruct is right and it wouldn’t be possible? However, we can set up events and meetups on any world at anytime, so it doesn’t seem to be impossible.

In terms of on demand, that was a test (which worked exceptionally well) for Tour of Makuri. We had already scoped out TDZ by the time we had reviewed ToMI and it was scoped without on demand.

I would expect OD to make an appearance again in the future.

11 Likes

hopefully for ToW?

Huh? No… example.
Stage 1 - Jan 11-14;
Stage 2 Jan 15-17, etc

You said every last day of the stage ended on Saturday.

So basically you’re asking that a stage never ends on a Sunday but on a Saturday instead, so you can ride all of the at a weekend.

1 Like

yes, so each weekend 2 stages would be accessible

3 Likes