Tour de Zwift [January 2024]

Tour de Zwift is the largest celebration on Zwift! With eight stages, you have the chance to ride, race or run in exciting worlds with our global community. Cover more miles, with more friends, all while exploring the wonders of Zwift.

Tour de Zwift starts on January 3, 2024 at 17:00 UTC (convert to your local time here) and ends on February 18, 2024 at 7:59 UTC. You will be able to register starting today (December 20, 2022) at 16:00 UTC!

There will be eight stages for the Tour de Zwift this year. Stages will be scheduled to run every hour and during make-up week, stages will run every 30 mins:

• Stage 1: January 3, 2024 @ 17:00 UTC - January 7, 2024 @ 04:59 UTC
  • Stage 2: January 8, 2024 @ 17:00 UTC - January 12, 2024 @ 04:59 UTC
  • Stage 3: January 13, 2024 @ 17:00 UTC - January 17, 2024 @ 04:59 UTC
  • Stage 4: January 18, 2024 @ 17:00 UTC - January 22, 2024 @ 04:59 UTC
  • Stage 5: January 23, 2024 @ 17:00 UTC - January 27, 2024 @ 04:59 UTC
  • Stage 6: January 28, 2024 @ 17:00 UTC - February 1, 2024 @ 04:59 UTC
  • Stage 7: February 2, 2024 @ 17:00 UTC - February 6, 2024 @ 04:59 UTC
  • Stage 8: February 7, 2024 @ 17:00 UTC - February 11, 2024 @ 04:59 UTC
  • Make-up Week: February 12, 2024 @ 17:00 UTC - February 18, 2024 @ 04:59 UTC

This year, we are excited to introduce that we will also be including Race events this year! Each stage will have eleven races a day on the weekends only during the stage dates listed above! Races will only be available for the long route options. To learn more about when stages are taking place, click here. We will also have late join enabled (events only; late join does not apply to races). To learn more about Tour de Zwift 2024, check out the FAQ.

Plus, Zwift and Le Col are teaming up to bring a whole collection of 2024 Tour de Zwift cycling gear to your closet. Check them out here.

Complete any stage to unlock a [£50 / $60 / €55 / ¥9000] reward from Le Col to use for the IRL kit! How? Make sure you’re subscribed to Zwift emails. When you complete Stage 1, you’ll receive your unlock email & Le Col discount code link! Members will only receive one code per email. The kit will be available to purchase starting January 3, 2024.

Want to learn more about Tour de Zwift? You can check out the main page here.

Signed up, nice that this one is during the indoor season :+1::grin:

3 Likes

Just a tip for the translation team :

Actually the French translation of “bucket hat” is “bob”, not “chapeau cloche”.

It’s something very important, even more in cycling, since the “bob Cochonou”, which is gifted by the caravane during the Tour de France, is as iconic as the yellow jersey itself!

More information here : https://cochonou.be/bob-cochonou-story-behind-popularity-cochonou/

3 Likes

I’m excited to see the return of races, as the races in the 2020 TdZ got me into racing on Zwift! I’m slightly confused on one thing - the dates for Stage 2 don’t include any weekend days; will that stage have any races?

Can’t wait to see the routes; if the races are on the “long” routes I wonder if this means we won’t have any 90+minute routes…?

Paul, I thought the same about stage 2 weekend. However each weekend will have races over two stages. Info Found on Companion App as follows:

“The Tour de Zwift Race Series features epic-length races, which use the long route from every stage of this year’s Tour de Zwift. Race them for the win, race them for a high-quality workout, or race them to prepare for the Epic Race in this year’s Zwift Games. However you race them, these events will also count towards your overall progress in Tour de Zwift 2024.

Each weekend, you’ll have the option to race two Epic Tour de Zwift races—with events scheduled at alternate times on Saturday and Sunday so you can always match your preferred race to your ideal timeslot.

Over the course of Tour de Zwift, each race will be featured on two separate weekends, so you’ve got every chance to nail your favorite stages, or even complete all 8!

These races are also the first to feature in Zwift’s newly launched Epic Racing Club, so if you like to go long, be sure to join the club and check out the Epic Race events that will be scheduled at weekends year-round. “

2 Likes

Thanks Ian. Well spotted! :slight_smile:

I have two issues, one is it thinks I’m in the UK, the second is it is giving me some slice reference error.

how long until someone asks if there will be a make up week?

2 Likes

8th January, as soon as they have missed stage 1.

2 Likes

Just send them to the FAQ

Just here for the bucket hat.

Will anytime completion of a Tour de Zwift stage and completion in a Meetup ride count, like it did in the Tour of WATOPIA just completed a couple of months ago? Those were convenient and fun ways to do the Tour.

Will there be double XP like there was in Tour de Watopia?

Race times take a bit to get your head around. If I race every Sat morning I cant fit all the stages in can I?
Thanks

no, that is only for ToW

Or you could say that with the new level system and weekly streaks, it’s double XP all the time. :joy:

There has been no indication that this tour will be available “on demand” so I assume no.

Don’t confuse people with the crazy XP acceleration math :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

The whole outfit is ridiculous.
Another reason to be able to throw away garage items.
I also hate races with all the same jersey.
Another reason to avoid fondos.

1 Like