Tour de Zwift 2021 FAQ

Do I have to complete the stages in the same category? Ie can I do stage 1 in category A and then stage 2 in category B?
Will I complete the TdZ if I mix and match like this?

Yes you will, they don’t all need to be the same.

2 Likes

What’s up with the time zones when signing up for the group rides? I am in France (GMT+1) and signed up for a ride on the tour de zwift page. I chose the first day (group D, Jan. 4, 6:01 pm), exported the event to my calendar, and surprise! The ride is actually at 12:01 am on Tuesday for me. Looks like the default time zone is set to EST but this is not indicated anywhere… If I hadn’t exported to my calendar I would have missed the ride. Is there a way to fix the time zone in my user settings or is this an unforeseen issue with the website?

3 Likes

How do I get in a rookie ride?

1 Like

It would be helpful, if you could see only the TDZ events in the Companion App. Right now you only have the option to „include“ these events, but not to „exclude“ all the other events.

3 Likes

Try this
https://zwifthacks.com/app/events/
then type in “rookie” in the “Search in event name”

1 Like

Any news?

1 Like

Zwift replied Sunday to my inquiry that they are not doing a gc on zwiftpower.
EDIT: Monday and Zwift is trying to do something. Is it points?

3 Likes

Is there an option of signing up under a different time zone? The earliest ride listed is 9am and the only time I have available is 6am.

Thanks to you.
I am in Korea (GMT+9) and could sign up for a suitable ride based on your posting.
I agree with you. They had to indicate TZ is EST.

Same question as above. Tour de Zwift starts today but I will not race the events and hence putting aside my training plan or family life unless a general classification in ZwiftPower exists. Otherwise, I’ll have to wait for another Zwift event. It would be good to know. Thanks !

1 Like

OK, now I’m really confused. I had a look at the main Zwift events page (not the Tour de Zwift page) and the ride I was interested in is listed at 6:00 pm GMT+1 (not midnight as suggested by the calendar export). So perhaps there is a bug in the calendar export and the times displayed on the site are local? I have no idea what’s going on, but I’m just going to show up for the ride at 6:00 pm local time and see what happens…

Do check that again close to 5:30pm french time zone! I think the ride is on at 6pm french time. I am in the UK, so the ride time is 5pm. UK is 1hr behind.

Something went wrong when it exported to the calendar.

1 Like

Hi Steve

Just wanted to invite all my stranger following “friends” to an event.

Or for that matter, my actual friends to an event just so they do not need to scroll around to find the right time slot.

Cheers!

sorry. ignore. :slightly_smiling_face:
double post. just dont like the way this forum display a reply to message but shows it right at the bottom.

You can set up your own Meetup to use the same course, but it won’t “count” as part of Tour de Zwift.

Hi @Philip_Posen_1020, there will NOT be a GC on ZwiftPower for this years tour de Zwift. This was confirmed in another thread on the subject.

Thanks for clarifying that Mike. That means that I’ll use them as zone 2 base training rides :slight_smile: see you around !

Does anybody know how I can get that Le Col voucher?

Same question… I got an email after completing the first stage with a “redeem voucher” link but it just took me to the Le Col shop and when I put an item in my cart as a test there was no discount applied…