Tour de Zwift 2021 FAQ

Every time I open the link it says the registration is unavailable.

1 Like

Hi @Richard_Stevens_Gold welcome to Zwift forums.

You should be able to register for the campaign today using the Run / Ride links in the first post. The individual stages of the campaign are what’s not available yet. Is that what you’re seeing?

1 Like

@shooj please can we have a response regarding the zwiftpower request?

Last year the site had a league set up which made the tour a very enjoyable experience. We want that to be continued for 2021.

3 Likes

Last year Zwift HQ didn’t own Zwiftpower, I’m curious if that means they will not enable the GC leagues anymore for these large events. That would be a shame.

1 Like

Yes it would be a shame. Shouldn’t see a backwards step in service.

I’m wanting to do this as my first Zwift Event but I work variable shift patterns. Will I have to take part as part of a group at a specific time or am I free to complete each stage on my own at any time during the event?

Yes, you will need to join one of the events specifically for the Tour de Zwift. However, I have heard that some Zwifters will join one of the events, get into the race pens 20 minutes or so before the start, and then go to work or whatever, come back a few hours later and ride the event all by themselves.

4 Likes

@Wattwell
Thanks for raising the question. It’s true our staff at HQ were not involved with ZwiftPower at this time last year. Many people are on holiday already, so we’re working on getting your request accommodated before TdZ starts.

7 Likes

Thanks for the reply. I understand about timing for holidays but please don’t give up. If it’s not live for the start it won’t matter as any results will be able to back calculate.

1 Like

Hi,
I want to understand something regarding stage description, for the first stage, cat A, this is 3 laps for a total of 40,7 KM or each lap is 40.7 so a total of 121km ?
Regards

Companion App says 40.7km total

Hi Fabrice,

It is definitely 40.7km total - 3 laps of the 11.6km Greater London Flat course, plus 5.7km of lead-in (the distance from the start pens to the beginning of lap 1).

If you’re in doubt I recommend looking at this page, which contains links to each of the routes - including the lead-in distances:

Hi Shuji,

On the “Rookie Rides”, the power bands are appearing wrong. On both Companion and the sign-up page they’re appearing as if they’re 1-5W/kg, when the event descriptions say they’re actually 1-2w/kg.

I realised this when I saw the “E” category and got slightly confused because to me, they’re all “E category” rides. I’m trying to get my other half to do the Tour de Zwift this year and the rookie rides might be ideal - but she looks for “D” category rides which match her pace, not “open” rides. I’d love Zwift to help rookies more by keeping categorisation of events more consistent and easier to understand.

2 Likes

@Paul_Rayner
Thanks for flagging that. I’ve asked the team for confirmation, and a correction.

Update @Paul_Rayner and everyone else:
We’re working on aligning the discrepancies, but these events will be 1-2 w/kg. Thank you for alerting us.

3 Likes

If I sign up for an E Group event, does that count toward completion for a stage? I notice Categories A-D mentioned in the post, but then I see an option to sign up for E when I go to the Individual Stage page.

Hi @Declan_Reagan welcome to Zwift forums.

Yes, Tour de Zwift “E” group rides count.

Does registering for an event mean simply registering for it like one would for any other event via the Companion App or do you have to use the Zwift website and sign-up for events? Of course TdZ Registration overall has to be done first.

@Joel_Larner

Yes, you can pick a specific event the usual ways, either through the Companion app or through the The at Home Cycling & Running Virtual Training App website.

However, I think it’s more convenient to use the Tour de Zwift Ride homepage or the TdZ Run homepage because you won’t see any events other than Tour de Zwift stages.

1 Like

Hello everyone. Happy 2021.

Can you set one of these stages as a meet-up?

What is it that you’re trying to achieve? Are you asking about having a “keep together” ride?