Tickr FIT HRM takes longer than expected to be discovered

pairing

(David Gibbs (Red Rider)) #1

I’ve noticed that my Tickr FIT HRM takes longer to be discovered than my other sensors.

I’m running Zwift on my Macbook with all the sensors connecting via BTLE.

My Kickr & BlueSC are discovered almost immediately, but the Tickr FIT can take up to a minute to show up.

Any ideas?

(Paul Allen (Watopia Wayfinder)) #2

You might need to moisten it a little bit before putting it on, I need to do this for my Tickr HRM.

(David Gibbs (Red Rider)) #3

Tickr FIT is an optical HRM, not electrical.

(M ike Thg) #4

Hey David, I am having the same problem ever since the last Zwift update. I’m using my Tickr Fit via Bluetooth to my MacBook. It has been working fine for several months, but after the last update it is very inconsistent in connecting/being discovered. My other sensors are wahoo (Kickr / Cadence) and all work fine.

It is getting really frustrating. Every time I try to get on Zwift it takes 5-10mins to try and get HR reading, and sometimes doesn’t work at all.

(David Gibbs (Red Rider)) #5

I have tickets open with both Zwift & Wahoo (just to cover all bases).

FWIW: My Tickr X is discovered immediately.

(David Gibbs (Red Rider)) #6

Hmmm … ticket was opened on Friday but I haven’t heard back from them yet.

(David Gibbs (Red Rider)) #7

Finally got a reply …

I’ve checked with our dev team, and they’re aware of this issue and currently working on a fix. While there isn’t a workaround for this issue yet, the fix will come from our end, so all you should have to do is keep your game client updated. We appreciate your patience and understanding as we continue improving Zwift.