Tickr Fit Heart Rate Monitor pairing issues with native bluetooth on Mac Mojave

Hey Zwifters,

There have been a few reports that the Tickr Fit heart rate monitors sometimes have issues pairing on Mac OS Mojave and native bluetooth.

If you are unable to pair your Tickr Fit, please use Zwift Companion app to bridge your bluetooth signals. Some instructions can be found on our support page HERE under heading “Using the Zwift Companion App as a Bridge”.

This post will be updated as new information is received. Thank you for your patience!

[ZG-6063]

I have paired my TICKR HR with my phone but it is not bridging to Zwift. My Kickr seems to be doing fine bridging. Any suggestions?

1 Like

Hey Austin - is it paired directly to your phone? If so, could you make sure it’s not paired there, then try the ZC bridge.

You should not pair it using the Phone Bluetooth paring settings, Go to the phone Bluetooth settings and forget the trainer. Now open Zwift app and pair it there.

@Josie.L The link seems dead…

To anybody else suffering from this issue, why not sending more reports/claims to the Wahoo?

I’ve been working on this issue since spring, trying several workouts, but now have to confirm it’s simply Tickfit hardware issue. Contacted with the Wahoo support multiple times, but they pretended like they never heard of such issue.

I otherwise rate the Wahoo support so highly. And the product per se is still excellent. I just want to connect this monitor with this damned Mojave and later…

Interestingly I am having a similar issue except in Windows 10. I was using ANT+ which the TICKR worked fine with but the TACX trainer kept dropping to 0 watts. Once I removed the ANT+ dongle, the TACX trainer works flawlessly but the Tickr will work for maybe five minutes and the will drop off for good. Even pausing the workout and trying to search for it, it will never appear again. I have to quit the game and restart it for five more minutes. I’ve been having to use the Apple Watch now which isn’t as good.

I use ticker fit with windows 10. Once paired I’ve never seen it drop out. But pairing takes a bit of time. Sometimes zwift doesn’t see it, sometimes I get the ‘no signal’, and sometimes it pairs but shows a heart rate of 0. Turning the pairing on and off, or turning the ticker on and off, a couple of times usually brings it to life. Lately I’ve noticed that simply being patient and waiting does the trick.

Had similar issue. I ended up buying a new heart rate monitor from Polar instead. Done wahoo!

1 Like

Last week my Tickr Fit was a bit flaky connecting, sometimes it would eventually connect etc but the last 3 days its refuesed to connect at all.
Nothing has changed with my setup (windows 10) and there is nothing else it is trying to connect to, I think before buying a new one I will uninstall/re-install zwift which I think is the issue as my wahoo app on my phone see’s it working fine, tried the bridging connection thing but zwift still doesnt see it (thats after forgeting the bluetooth connection)

I’ve been having a difficult time connecting my MacBook Air with all of my Bluetooth devices when using Zwift. Sometimes they’ll connect automatically and others they won’t. When I search for them, they are never found. I thought it was a Mac issue until I used Rouvy on the same a MacBook and everything connected flawlessly. I’ve been using Rouvy more often now and have never had any problems. This is clearly a Zwift issue.

1 Like

Hi @Kevin_McGoey
Mac users may want to try resetting the Bluetooth module.

Done that several times. Like I said, this is a Zwift only issue. Rouvy works fine.

I have consistent problems with my Ticker HR and the native windows stack, OR the companion app. Eventually gets discovered, but always times out early in the ride or says “no data” right away. Changed batteries. Works flawlessly with my Wahoo Element Roam IRL. Latest Windows, latest android and companion app…

2 Likes

So I believe it’s Wahoo Tickr Fit issue, but Wahoo claimed it’s not… they even rejected my review to address this issue, said they could connect to their own Macbook with no issue. :poop:

Also same problem
“Done that several times. Like I said, this is a Zwift only issue. Rouvy works fine” Zwift problem

same problem with Macbook Air, seems the tickr fit cannot connect to zwift easily

1 Like

same problem - except now I can’t connect any devices via Mac to Zwift. 2 days ago everything was working fine.

Thanks all for the reminder to get this one knocked out.

1 Like

I have just been pointed to this thread by Wahoo. I bought a TickrFit a few days ago and it connected to Zwift through my MacBook no problems straight out of the box, I did this a few times, upgraded the firmware in the evening time and the following day I was no longer able to connect it to Zwift through the MacBook and I now have to use it through the companion app.

Obviously Wahoo and Zwift need to be talking to each other.

1 Like

Yeah I dunno. I’ve also talked to a rider who had similar connection issues with other applications on ios. So perhaps this is a zwift issue but maybe not…