The rider is not moving after İpad OS update to 14.5

Hi all, I have been using Zwift on my iPad with Garmin speed and cadence bundle 2 perfectly fine. After the IOS update to the latest 14.5 version on my iPad, Zwift is not able to read data from the speed and cadence sensors.

Here are the actions taken so far to solve the problem which did not help at all:

• The sensors are fine with new batteries generating data to my Garmin Forerunner 945
  • I uninstalled the app and installed it again
  • Turned off and on the iPad and other connections
  • Checked on my iPad that app has permission to use BLE
  • Tried with my iPhone instead with which everything worked perfectly and I was able to ride.

What other actions do I need to take to be able to use Zwift on my iPad?

Many thanks

Check to be sure that your sensors are not connected directly to the iPad itself. They should only be connected through the Zwift app.

They are indeed connected through Zwift.

Any other suggestions?

The only other thought I have is wondering if the sensors are paired with something else (like your phone). Bluetooth is a 1-1 connection, so if another device has ‘stolen’ the signal you iPad may not be able to find them.

Many thanks for the reply but no there is no issue of multiple connections I guess this is to do with recent OS update on my iPad.

Hello I have had the same problem recently. It doesn’t matter whether I connect zwift to my Neo 2 or my Kettler s8 treadmill. Either there is no connection or it is interrupted after a few minutes of training. I am using an ipad 2018

1 Like

Has anyone figured out how to fix this? When trying to use a 10.5” iPad Pro running iOS 14.5.1 (and now 14.6) and the last two versions of swift all of my Bluetooth devices (Wahoo KICKR v5 with the latest firmware, Polar H10 Heart rate monitor, Wahoo CADENCE) begin to show “no signal” immediately upon connecting. I don’t have the same problems on any other device (I’ve tried an iPhone XS, an Apple TV - via ZC on the iPhone, and an iPad Pro 11” (2021)) and I can get the same devices to connect without trouble. I can get all of the same devices to connect to the Wahoo App, the Sufferfest App, and the Polar app on the same 10.5” iPad Pro without fail. Doesn’t matter if I disconnect every Bluetooth device and radio or not… I’ve tried uninstalling and reinstalling Zwift, It’s quite maddening that I have to run Zwift from my iPhone when my wife is on the Apple TV.

Thanks in advance!

1 Like

Hi there, the problem still persists for me too. After the latest update on my iPad OS, I was hopeful but I was mistaken. Still no luck, I needed to use my wife’s laptop instead. I hope that it is resolved soon.

I have been using Zwift without issue on iPadOS 14.5.1 for a few weeks (connected with Tacx Neo2 trainer and Garmin Dual HRM). I am baffled as to why yours is not working.

It’s not a fix, really, but today I was able to get my Wahoo KICKR to connect and stay connected to the 10.5” iPad Pro for a whole ride. The trick seems to be not trying to connect anything but the KICKR, and only as the input to power and controllable. If I try to add the KICKR as cadence too… it switches to “no signal”. If I try to add my Polar HRM… it switches to “no signal”. And once I’m at “no signal” the only solution is to deselect anything I may have added under the heart rate or cadence options, end the ride, and force quit Zwift so it has to fully restart the app. If I don’t deselect the heart rate and cadence selections in the pairing screen, it tried to reconnect those devices and goes straight to “no signal”.

So… as long as you can live without knowing your heart rate and cadence, it is possible to get a ride in.

Unfortunately, despite all the recent Ipad ios and Zwift updates, and tried all the suggestions here yet the issue persists. It is very disappointing indeed. At the moment, I cannot use either my iphone or my ipad for Zwift. The only functional connection is my heart rate, speed and cadence sensors although connected do no generate any measurement data so my avatar sits there at the start line :((((