Taking wrong turn after start of race

(Peter Castrop) #1

This evening I joined a race on the laGuardia loop. I was at the start on the rollers, so far so good. The start went well, but at the first turn everybody turned right and I was the only one who turned left. After that I wasn’t at the LaGuardia loop anymore. Very strange!
My setup: Elite Direto, Samsung A8 smartphone, connecting with Bluetooth. Until this evening I had no problems using the same setup. I can ride the New York course.
Any thoughts?

(Vincent W.) #2

Hmm that’s interesting, did you start to ride in tight circle or did you just follow a different path?

(Peter Castrop) #3

I just turned left after the start and followed a different road. I was still in the game though. On ZwiftPower I can see that I did about 4 km of the race, but I wasn’t on the course of the race. After that I quit the race. I read on the forum that in 2017 several riders had the same issue during rides.

(Peter Castrop) #4

Tried another race today on the LaGuardia loop. Same thing happened: at the first turn everybody went right and I went left. I immediately tried another race on the Highline reverse course. No problems there.

(Vincent W.) #5

Investigating, will update.

Edit: Can you send us a support conversation and attach your log files for those rides?

Support Conversation: https://support.zwift.com/hc/en-us/requests/new
How to find log files: https://support.zwift.com/en_us/how-do-i-find-my-log-files-running--HkFCtXX8m

Edit: For Android finding log files is the same as iOS (tap the Zwift at start screen 3 times)

(Peter Castrop) #6

Hi Vincent,

I have sent a support conversation and I have attached the log files.

Thanks,

Peter

(Lorenzo Tramuto) #7

Hello, also I’ve the same issue yesterday on a New York ride.
The Android companion app seems to non get the input for change direction, and also for the left o right choice on crossings. But to problem to “say hello”, to stop the session or write messages.
Thanks

(Peter Castrop) #8

Zwift are looking into this. I have sent log files. I always take the wrong turn in races on the LaGuardia loop. I go left on the first turn and everybody goes right. My race is over after 10 seconds.