Tacx Vortex drops out after super tuck

This has happened to me twice now, both in races which is so frustrating.

To initiate supertuck I brake to stop the trainer then at the appropriate time start pedaling again but over the last 2 races the trainer is totally unresponsive. This leads me to jump off the bike unplug the trainer and reboot to get going again obviously not ideal.

Running zwift on windows computer and using ANT dongle for trainer, heart rate

Anyone had this issue?

Flux2 as well… (sometimes)

Why do you stop the trainer? All I do is stop pedaling. AFAICT Has to be above a certain speed 50-60 kph to initiate. I am on an H3.

I guess objective is to reset the trainer/Zwift connection. It seems the later, rather than the former, as (in my case…) ANT+ data is still available.

(Hey @Justin_Hagan - seems you are using ANT+ … strange)

Thanks for sharing this informative post!

Understand your frustration as this shouldn’t happen. As a workaround you could try to softpedal in stead of braking. With power output below 11W your avatar should still get into supertuck. See also:

Have not had this issue with my trainers (Tacx Neo / Genius), so it might be a Vortex issue.

1 Like

I can confirm this happens with a Tacx Flux Smart.
At first I thought it was just races but I’ve managed to replicate it during a normal ride on Zwift.

iPad/Windows 8 Laptop/Surface Pro tablet with connectivity via BLE and/or ANT+ all give the same problem.

I am currently conversing with zwift support via email. Tacx have yet to respond.

J_Hagan_RMACC - did you manage to find a solution?

Cheers

Hi Craig.

Solution = Wahoo Kicker. :+1:

:grin: Damn! Thanks for responding.

Same issue on a Flux. Tacx have responded asking all sorts of questions that I have to ‘test’ - what colour is the light when it happens etc - I don’t know, I am usually in a race with 180HR I am not thinking about that.

Anyone figure out a fix for this? I find it hard to pedal under 11w tbh.

I’ve had the same problem many times - Tacx Vortex, initiate the supertuck, Watts drop to Zero as expected but after 5 to 10 seconds the power readout changes to a double dash which indicate No Signal. Going to the ‘Pair Devices’ menu in Zwift has no success, as the trainer is not seen any more, even though going into the Windows 10 Paired Devices list still shows the Vortex. Deleting, searching and relinking the Vortex doesn’t result in it appearing in Zwift again if this type of dropout has occurred. Turning the PC’s bluetooth off then on resulted in Zwift completely crashing.

Has anyone had any more feedback on this yet?

Hi everyone. Happen to me in April (Vortex), then Garmin sent me a new firmware which solved the problem till last week. Yesterday during Zwift Classic (Apple) I lost bluetooth 6 times!!!
Trying to reach out to Garmin again…

I have a Tacx Vortex and the double dash happens quite often if I stop pedaling for any extended period. Just figured I have to live with it as it’s an old trainer. I can’t take part in TTT as my trainer drops out as I’m waiting in the pen. It’s ok on ITT when I can still pedal. (Using Apple TV & Companion app on mobile)