Tacx Flux can't peddle

I have a Tacx Flux 10 months old which has worked fine. Tonight towards the end of my session I got to a point where it is impossible to turn the peddles. I can peddle backwards ok but when I start to peddle forward after a couple of turns it seizes up again.

No noises or crunching or grinding and I have had no other issue. Coukd this be the freehub or more likely a calibration issue?

I’ve not changed any settings and always connect via my windows laptop plus ANT.

The flywheel turns ok by hand and if the trainer is turned off I still can’t peddle. This is why I thought it may be the freehub.

Any help gratefully received.

JT

Hi @Jonathan_Timmis,

Thanks for reaching out!

That is strange! I’d first make sure there is no issue with the trainer and then take a look into the bike/hub.

Have you updated the Tacx firmware recently? I’d start there and calibrate after for good measure. You can accomplish this in the Tacx app. If the issue continues, I’d like to see if the issue occurs off the trainer entirely and if so, I’d recommend reaching out to a bike shop.

Let us know how it goes and if there is anything more we can do to help!

Hey @Alex.W thanks for the help. Through a process of elimination I realise the issue is my bottom bracket. The trainer was all up to date.

Another reminder that we should start with the most obvious first and not just automatically blame the tech! :grin:

JT

1 Like

You’re very welcome! That is awesome news! I’m glad you were able to narrow down the cause!

I hope you have a splendid rest of your day!