Sync Zwift activities to Apple Health

Hi, I’m trying to make Zwift and the Apple Watch Ultra (first generation) working together but it seems impossible.

The first thing I tried was:

• Zwift running on iPad
  • Zwift Companion on iPhone
  • Zwift Companion on Apple Watch to get heart rate.

My problem was the the watch kept disconnecting and the heart rate was almost never showing.

So I tried:

• Zwift on iPhone
  • Zwift (not Zwift Companion) on Apple Watch to get heart rate.

I completed the running workout without any heart rate disconnection but when I saved the activity the distance was missing even though on Strava was saved.

Are you aware of the problem? Do you have any suggestions?

Distance not showing:

Same activity on Strava showing distance:

Yesterday activity saved from companion showing distance:

Can’t seems to access the blog anymore, can you post it again?

1 Like

Has someone come up with a temporary workflow?

If I want to have a reliable workout and my move rings update correctly with workflow do you suggest?

Should I use Zwift + an external HR and then somehow sync everything to Apple Health or should I record HR (and steps, etc…) with Apple Watch?

Gang - we’re working on an update to make Apple Watch work correctly. It’s not ready yet, but we’ll let you know as we get closer to releasing it.

Thanks for your continued patience!

3 Likes

Thank you? Will it be for the Zwift Apple Watch App or for the Zwift Companion Apple Watch App?
Because right now I can get:

• a reliable HR connection but not the data export with the Zwift Watch App

or

• a not reliable HR connection but all the data export with the Zwift Companion Watch App

What about directly picking up a Samsung watch HRM and reporting Zwift activity in Samsung health?

I route data via Garmin app. That way I get complete HR data (shame on you Zwift) and rings updates in Apple health. You don’t need any Garmin hardware, just account. So ma data goes Zwift → Garmin → Apple Health

1 Like

Very interesting! Do you get update for both Move and Activity rings?

Well I just did like you said (Zwift > Garmin > Apple Health ) and I went for a treadmill run without wearing my Apple Watch Ultra because I wanted to see if the rings actually updated.

After everything was synchronized I was pretty disappointed because even though my run was in Apple Fitness the rings didn’t changed.

Then I picked up my watch and put it on my wrist and started receiving rings notifications of completed goals: I looked at Apple Fitness again and rings did actually updated!

Now a couple of details.

Previously I was using RunGap to have my indoor run in Apple Fitness and

• RunGap show the indoor run map in Apple Fitness the run map, Garmin doesn’t
  • I still have to try a run with incline to see if Garmin does sync the elevation too!

1 Like

Hi everyone,

I‘m new to this discussion, but have the same issue.

I‘m using AppleTV for Zwift and the Companion on my iPhone:

• When I use my Watch as heart rate monitor, everything gets synchronised well. This would be the easiest solution, but unfortunately, to pair my Watch and Companion is each time a nightmare.
  • Because of that, I bought a polar chest strep and connected it to my Zwift Hub. With this, the connection is up super fast, I can sit on my bike and just ride on. With this combination I had to results:
  1. with Zwift running in parallel on my Watch, but not selected as heart monitor: COMPLETE synchronised to Health.
  2. without Zwift running in parallel on my Watch: Missing Heart data with a result in just closed the Training but not the Activity ring.

So, do I really need to throw away my Polar monitor and fighting each time with my Watch?

I really don’t want to synchronise through different apps, just to collect everything in health.

Any Idea how to use the Polar chest band and to get all Information anyhow to Health?

Thanks
Henning

2 Likes

So I’ve been having the same issues:

Apple Watch won’t reliably connect to Zwift Companion

Polar HR monitor can connect to either Apple
TV or Companion, but the uploaded Zwift data no longer closes Apple Fitness rings or uploads heart rate.

What I have found that works for me is to go into Apple
Health and to shut off all sharing from both Zwift and Zwift Companion, and enable all sharing to/from Strava. Connect Zwift account to Strava on the Zwift website. Then Zwift will upload to Strava and Strava will upload to Apple Health. Heart rate info uploads and rings will now close.

I do have an app called Health Fit installed on my iPhone with all sharing permissions enabled in Apple
Health, and I have it connected to Strava on the Strava website. I’m not sure if this app is helping to facilite the data transfer but it’s a free app and just runs in the background.

My solution to getting the move ring to close in the interim (while waiting for Apple Watch full support) is as follows: (for Zwift on PC)

You need an external heart rate monitor over Ant+, and your trainer needs to be running over ant+. If you use Bluetooth, the data doesn’t seem to transfer.

Ensure companion app (watch and phone) are running

The watch won’t pair, but it still seems to work to track data

You need to start an indoor cycle workout on your watch when you start riding, and the data will be shared between the workout and the zwift app.
You will show two workouts at the same time, but it’s not double counted. Tracks heart rate, power, cadence, distance.

Seems to work well, even if a little redundant and you need to remember to start the workout on your watch.