Sudden issues with my tacx vortex

Last week, I took a (really good) rest week, replaced almost my entire drivetrain, swapped back to road pedals, and put on a tacx trainer tire (was using an old 28mm before). I did a calibration on both the Tacx app and on Zwift, everything seems ideal (and should be much more efficient than before!) but now, the ERG doesn’t work on Zwift (despite the ‘controllable’ registering as paired’) and it feels like it’s registering around 80-100 watts lower than my usual efforts. Workouts at my usual FTP are suddenly impossible. I’ve checked seemingly everything - no brake rub, tire at 110 PSI, phone is not connected to the trainer while on zwift. One person left a similar report on the tacx app 2 months ago. Can’t find any other reports on this. Anyone have an idea?

Hi Chris,

I’m sorry to hear that you’ve had issues with the Tacx Vortex. Typically these kinds of issues are resolved by calibration, but if you’ve calibrated and are still having problems, our support team will likely need to take a closer look at your setup. Is this problem exclusive to Zwift or have you not tested the Vortex on any other indoor cycling apps to see if it’s a consistent hardware related issue?

My recommendation is that you please submit a support ticket if you haven’t already done so, and one of our support agents will be happy to take a closer look at this matter. If you’re using any platform other than Apple TV, it will also be helpful send you log files. Instructions for finding and sending your log files can be found here on this article from the Zwift Support Hub.

Thanks for your reply- I’ve done calibrations on both the tacx app and on Zwift. I contacted tacx and they just sent me a firmware file, so I’m going to give that a try.