Started Race facing the wrong way

Had this same problem today in Paris. Dropped from the pack at the start of the race after losing a few seconds facing the wrong way and doing a u-turn. Kind of a bummer

I had this happen 2 days in a row in Paris too. I opened up a new thread in the bugs forum because the search didnā€™t find this one. Hope Zwift can fix it soon, especially with the number of people doing the Zrace Stage 1

This is a Paris-specific bug, so only affects two routes. Itā€™s been there since the introduction of that map. Iā€™m surprised it happened to you two days in a row.

I doubt itā€™s high on the priority list because of Zrace, if it was then they would have fixed it BEFORE Zrace.

Donā€™t worry about it. Itā€™s mainly a cosmetic bug, and youā€™ll end up closer to the back of the group than the front.
Every time this has happened to me my avatar has done a U-turn immediately and Iā€™m only a few meters behind where I would have been and itā€™s just a short push to get to where I want in the pack.

About 1/3 of all riders get dropped in the first 2 min of every race. People sign up at the 29:59:59 mark for the advantage. A 1s lag is HUGE! For many itā€™s sitting in with group 1 or group 2.

Eh, Iā€™ve never had that much of a problem. If you canā€™t make up 1s at the start when you can work through the draft, you were going to get dropped anyway.

I donā€™t think this is true. There are a few courses that starts insanely hard and tapers off. Like last months Zwift games up rev Titan Kom. Lutece express is a good 3-4% climb out the pen.