Start Training Plans Any Day. Workouts no longer plan-locked [May 2022]

With this month’s Zwift game version 1.25, we’re pleased to announce a long-requested improvement to Cycling Training Plans.

• Now you can sign up for a Training Plan and begin it immediately. Previously - you had to wait until the following Monday to begin the plan.
  • Reminders to “do this workout by Wednesday” for example, will no longer appear because you’re no longer locked to a daily schedule.
  • You may also do more than one workout per day if you choose to accelerate your plan.

The rest periods between workouts are no longer enforced, but we recommend you still follow the suggested training schedule to avoid overtraining.

7 Likes

Thank you for making this part of the update. Going to make following a training plan much easier to use.

Hiya mate, just a few quick questions about the new change. If I was to miss a workout in the allotted week will it roll over or move to another week? Will the workout plan add on a week to let me complete the whole plan? I am going away for a week soon and was hoping to be able to continue the plan when I got back. A pause ability would be great!

1 Like

Why can’t you push the i did it any more in training plans?

@Par_Mork I can still do that on the android app when going to the overview of the workout plan.

OT: Great change, love it!

This will be a strange remark/request.
I’m currently following the Build Me Up plan and have been able to finish all workouts succesfully up untill the Purple Unicorn :wink: . I had to stop that workout early which meant that I did not get any credit for it but now it keeps showing up as my first workout to do.

I’m only able to hide it by clicking the “I did it!”, but that’s a bit incorrect. I would like a button “I failed it!” instead… :joy:

Did you exit the workout before the workout got to the end? Not that I am encouraging you to do so but next time you really want to end a workout early for a reason you should be able to ‘swipe away’ the remaining intervals on the Companion App to skip them. I think then you can end the workout as Zwift is expecting it to end (without any stars from the bits you skipped) and it’ll be classed as completed.

1 Like

Ah, I did end it early yes. Can you also swipe them away in the app itself? I run Zwift directly on my Android and don’t use the companion app. I’ll check it out this week though. Thanks for the reply!

I just had a look on my Android tablet. If I tap the screen so that the menu pops up, the first icon on the left on that menu that looks like a diode (triangle pointing at a vertical bar) skips to the next section.

1 Like