Speed Sensor

(Joe Amendola) #1

I have the Garmin speed and cadence sensor and it is not connecting to Zwift. Is this something I am doing wrong or are they not compadiable with Zwift?

(Ben Fricker) #2

Garmin Sensors have only ANT+, wich is not build in in PCs oder Macs.
You need a ANT+ to USB Stick. Do you have one?

If you have one, you need to activate the Sensors before Zwift can find them.
The Speed Sensor needs to turn at least two times, then a green LED flashes. Then it’s activated.

I have a Garmin Speed Sensor and it’s working fine with Zwift.

(Joe Amendola) #3

Ok thank you. I do not have an ANT+ to USB stick, I was trying to connect Bluetooth. I will get one. Thanks for your help.

(Kyle Washington) #4

Joe,

I recently had this issue, and after combing this and other forums, I purchased the Viiiiva heart rate strap. I used that app to connect my Garmin speed and cadence sensors to the HR strap, and then closed the app. When my HR strap connects to Zwift on my iPhone 6, it shows information from both Garmin devices.

The CABLE device is supposed to do the same thing, but for very nearly the same price, I have an extra HR monitor… so that’s the route I went.

It worked so well, I decided to splurge for the AppleTV 4K for Christmas. The Viiiiva shows up there as well. Oddly, it only brings in the data from the Cadence sensor? The speed sensor does not appear. I’ll need to do some troubleshooting to figure out why.

(Adam Hotz) #5

Kyle,

I have this exact same problem. Been messing around with it for 2 days and can’t get it to work. Set both sensors up on my phone app for the HRM. They both registered, I then logged out and closed the app. Go to the Apple 4K and my system wants to treat the speed sensor as a power meter. When I try to pair the speed sensor, I just gets stuck in the search window with the tire selection drop down…

Very frustrating… I have yet to find a fix.

Adam