Smart Trainer Bluetooth Connection Dropping

I’m the only one at home, I don’t have a TV or microwave, and all devices are connected on 5GHz so not sure what else may be causing signal interference. The phone was on a chair beside the Flux S so about 30cm separation distance. Hope the zwiftalizer outputs can shed some light.

Could the network connection attempts be causing the bluetooth to lose signal?

Good spot. Would this be Zwift attempting a network connection, or is it indicating a drop in the network between my laptop and the WiFi? Hmmm…

Apologies for the hijack but just wanted to know if you experienced the loss of power with Ant+ as well and this is the reason your moved the ANT+ dongle to the trainer? assuming you are running a long extension cable?
I too have the H3 with a USB ANT+ dongle but directly to the laptop, no extension cable, probably less than a meter away from the trainer but intermittently lose connection which is frustrating during races. In addition to the trainer I have my HRM which is also connected via ANT+
Is it possible my Garmin EDGE 520 plus is causing interference as well or is this just a common problem with H3’s?
Is it possible to run ANT+ for the trainer & Bluetooth for my HRM?

I never even tried without a extension cable. My pc is in front of my bike and pc’s has to many things that can interfere with the signal. My ant+ dongle is on the left side of my rear dropout.

Yes you can use Bluetooth and ant+.

I would suggest turning everything off that you don’t need like the edge

1 Like

I’ve had this exact issue with my Tacx Flux S, paired to my Mac via Ant+ dongle. It cut out whilst doing a supertuck in a race, making me lose position (I too could have throw the thing out of the window). I contacted zwift and they suggested it may be another device interfering with the signal, so I switched off my Sonos speakers and this has fixed it. Very frustrating though as it means I now have to listen to music via headphones. I’m in the process of looking to buy wireless headphones but I’m nervous that I’ll invest and the same will happen. Any techy folk know whether or not this is likely…??

Hello Guys. I was having the race of my life yesterday when all of a sudden power output was totally lost and got dropped in the race. Perhaps one of the most frustrating things ever that led me to (nearly) throw my bike out of the window from the second floor. I thought it was my fault for not having fully charged AA batteries in my Satori Smart. So I headed to the supermarket, got some new batteries, replaced them in the trainer and…the problem still persists…totally frustrating and annoying. Is this problem more related to Zwift than the trainer itself? I´ve been using MAC Os for more than 3 months with no problems whatsoever so this bug was totally unexpected.

Hi @Ruben_Machuca_Kuhnel

I don’t recall a Zwift update in the last few days. Did you test the trainer with another app?

Jul 8th was the last update… and it is very possible, new bugs were introduced (it is all S/W, after all…)

In fact, I see more BLE issues mentioned lately… not a lot, but they do seem to be on the rise.

it’s maybe worth noting that your fan can interfere with bluetooth signal – it generates an electromagnetic field, and i have experienced my fan cause a bluetooth dropout. were you trying a different fan placement/additional fan/different fan speed?

also, any other device with bluetooth on can potentially interfere – a mouse, a speaker, a phone, etc.

3 Zwift rides this week. Experienced several 3-5 second dropouts about every 3 to 5 min during each one: all of a sudden the data disappears and I’m stopped in the middle of the road. A few seconds later everything comes back to life and I’m riding again. Using Zwift via Apple TV 4K and Zwift companion on IPhone and riding Wahoo Kickr trainer. I can only relate it back to the last week’s update as prior to that everything was rock solid. I trashed all those rides…so frustrating. Anyone else experiencing this? Any recommendations? Thank you.

I have a Saris H3, Lately, I seem to be losing my Bluetooth connection during group rides or races, it’s frustrating. The Avatar stops pedaling and it’s not because I stopped pedaling. I tried ti ‘pair’ up the trainer again, but when I do that the Zwift app doesn’t find my trainer when I am still in the ride. Also I notice my Saris will flash GREEN versus BLUE. Now If I exit the ride, and start everything up again, then all is good. So is the trainer the problem or the recent update of Zwift? I didn’t have this issue before the Zwift update. Any ideas or suggestions are welcomed

Same here, and it seems a quite widespread issue as there are several thread about it in the forums.

For me it is Saris H3 with IOS 14.2 (iPad).

I have opened a ticket 1 week ago, no answer yet. I will post here any relevant feedback I will get, meanwhile I stopped Zwift subscription and moved to other apps that doesn’t have the same problems. This probably means that the issue is on Zwift side, as I don’t get any issue on Rouvy for example.

Oh no, This really makes me sad as we have quite a great Zwift community in the area with weekly meet-up and events.

Keep me posted, I’ll also open a ticket on my end.

Hi… any update…?? I’ve been having the same issue (saris h3, TICKR hr,) loosing signal. iPad iOS update14.2. But Zwift works fine on my old i phone 6. Very annoying…

Cheers

1 Like

If you want to know why they don’t have USB ports then Tacx iMagic. Shudder.

USB, but less stable than a kardashian family get together where someone has spiked the sugar bowl with acid.

What’s incredible is that virtual cycling wasn’t permanently consigned to history due to the sheer horror of the implementation, regardless of it being 15 years ahead of it’s time…

I’m having exactly the same issue with Saris H3 and an iPad running IOS 14.2, very frustrating, hasn’t been an issue until recently, I hope there is a fix for this soon

Yup me too … really sucks when your in group ride for over an hour and the connection drops hoping for a fix soon

Hey @Ryan_McLoughlin @Gibran_Ghazali did you guys find a solution to this?

I have the same problem
‘No signal’ after a period of not pedalling (e.g. supertuck while descending) using a Tacx Flux S.
It has happened to me on Android (both BT and Ant+) and PC (Ant+).
Doesn’t happen every time.
Infuriating!

I’ve done some more digging…
I put the log file through Zwiftalizer, nothing stands out, RXFails at 12.86% which I believe is ok.
It also confirms that things remained paired which is what I experienced. Paired but with “no signal”.

I have disabled ANT+ speed/cadence through the Tacx Utility App as per GPLamas video here - youtu.be/itcEY7JrvSo

Done out of desperation more than anything, I don’t believe this is a conection quality issue but “something” else