Save and close shutdown on Windows 10

When i hit the save bar after a ride it saves and then throws me out of the app ,completely shuts app down so if i want to warm down or check stats i have to reopen the app and wait for it to load up again frustrating any ideas

What device do you use for Zwift?

Windows 10 companion app ois

Are you using the ZCA to do the Save or are you doing that on the Windows 10?

1 Like

On windows itself

Hi @Gazza_Flanagan

Shuji at Zwift HQ here. Looking at the server logs for you - I’m seeing two Windows computers being used, with these CPU specs:
Intel(R) Core™ i3-2100 CPU @ 3.10GHz
and
Intel(R) Celeron(R) CPU N3350 @ 1.10GHz

Intel introduced these two CPU’s in 2011 and 2016 respectively. While Zwift runs on computers with modest spec, the 3D graphics still put a decent load on the computer’s CPU and GPU. It is possible that these machines are having a hard time running the game and are shutting down. We had a recent thread where some of players reporting in have a similar issue running older machines with modest inbuilt GPU’s.

Do you have a tablet / smartphone / laptop that might be a little more current? Zwift can run on iOS / Android / Mac / Windows / Apple TV platforms.

Can you tell us at what point does your Zwift crash? (Press the little play button to see the video. )

Zwift Save

As soon as i hit save it saves and then shuts down was working fine until recently

runs perfect no problems during the rides just on save ive had very little hassle just started this

So you click menu – End ride – Save — CRASH :frowning:

What device are you using and are you on the latest version.

thinking out of the box here:
did you install drop box or some backup that use you documents and pictures folder.
Do you have enough hardrive space.

Yes on latest version windows and ios companion app old machine but up to date windows and has 1080 hd compatibility graphics are brilliant just this problem.It saves the ride but just goes to computer home screen no exit button appears so have to restart app if i want to continue with another ride

This is super strange.

At this point I would suggest you backup your Zwift directory in your documents folder reinstall Zwift.

That is how the old Zwift used to work.

The game is perfect in every other way scared to mess about and maybe compromise the game.Indid empty a folder and it worked for a couple of times then went back

This may be a issue that your harddrive is full. It is rather strange.

You don’t lose anything by uninstalling and reinstalling the game, aside from your critical power curve PBs and custom workouts you may have created. You don’t lose any of your progress, bikes etc. That’s all saved on the server and comes back.

So there’s nothing to be scared of, this sounds like a definite candidate for starting over.

Follow the steps here: Re-Installing Zwift

1 Like

Quick update after all the problems last night i have a solution to this problem .If im on full screen and hit save it throws me straight to desktop but using windowed it saves and keeps me in game so i can choose another route rather than having to load up all over again .Solution found accidentally

Solution found after last nights shambles .It appears if on full screen it does crash use windowed screen has solved this :thinking: