Saris H3 and Calibration issues

Will my new Saris H3, I cant get this thing calibrated… I have the latest firmware updated with the Powertap app.

When I open the Saris Utility app, the app never actually finds my trainer, rendering this app useless to me. I have had no issues connected my trainer to Zwift or any other app. The calibration feature on Zwift also does not work. I have a macbook, and there doesnt even seem to be a way to calibrate with Rouvy which I see others recommending…

Anyone out there have similar issues?!

Similar issues. I could never calibrate in Zwift. Once up to speed, Zwift just kept messaging to “maintain current speed”. After 5 minutes of doing that with no result, I gave up and moved on to the Saris app.

I was able to calibrate using the Saris app, but my ride immediately following in Zwift had my speed at 60+ mph.

No option to calibrate in Rouvy either, but my calibration from the Saris app seems to have transferred much more accurately to Rouvy in terms of speed.

3 Likes

I have the same exact issue. I am told to maintain current speed forever.

Well I was able to get everything working again once I was able to update to the latest Saris app, the newest version allowed me to connect to the app and get it calibrated. The Zwift app still does not work though, but at least something worked.

Same w me. Latest version of saris app allows me to calibrate but calibration and speed are suspect when in zwift with speeds approaching 50 mph on downhills (I’m just not that fast). I’m not able to calibrate the H3 using the Zwift app. I have the same problem as others in this group: it tells me to maintain my speed but it never stops asking me to maintain speed and I have to abandon the calibration effort.

Yesterday I was unable to calibrate my Saris H3 with the Saris app. Calibration would run but the spindown when you coast would never finish. I eventually just canceled it I tried three separate times and it did this each time.

Eventually I tried calibrating with Zwift which seemed to work, for the first time in a really long time, but the calibration seemed off. Watts were eratic.

Hi Everyone - has there been any resolution to this issue?
I just got the H3 a couple of weeks ago. I was able to update the firmware and calibrate with no issues using the Saris app on my android device.
That said, when logging into Zwift, I started running into issues. I was able to pair everything via bluetooth with my windows pc. When calibrating, the instructions don’t make sense, says to speed up to 37kph and then let it coast to 0 - once I get to 37, it says to maintain speed and keep pedaling but to no end!! After trying this 5 times, I just decided to speed up - once I hit 50kph, it says to stop pedaling and let it coast to 0. then it says calibration successful. FINALLY!!
However, I ride with a lot of people who don’t have the H3 - they have the wahoo or tacx or others - and I can’t keep up. I feel like my speed/watts are not being accurately reflected and they just seem to pull away. I’ve tried tinkering with the trainer difficulty and even went through the entire calibration in Zwift again using ant+ instead of bluetooth… But still to the same result.

I’m starting to question my physical abilities even though I know the riders I ride with are the same strength/level as me. This is very frustrating as every ride I try to do with friends, I get dropped (like 1min behind not signal loss) within first 5min of riding.

Any solutions???

1 Like

Did you resolve this¿ I’m updating firmware now.

I finally setup my new H3 last weekend, doing a firmware update before doing the first calibration is the Saris app, but there was never any conformation of calibration complete after waiting ~1min after I was told to coast.

Second time I ran the calibration a day later, I was told the first calibration spin down was ~12secs and this second one was ~13secs. A few days later I did a third calibration and the spin down was ~15secs.

I’m fully expecting Saris reading to be ~3% lower than my 4iiii crank readings from the road bike and the accuracy of the Saris is +/-2%, but by feel as my 3x9 speed hybrid is set up on the H3, the readings feel like they are ~10% lower.

Either that or my legs are feeling dead after a “hail Mary”-esque bit of z4+ training in case I actually get to attempt Denbigh’s Road To Hell climb again next weekend, after months of barely any 20min+ threshold efforts and this climb took me ~34mins at threshold back in March.

Steve you can duel record and compair the power meter to the trainer. It is more accurate than feel.

Yeah, I just don’t fancy the agro of swapping out the cassette and axle adaptors at the mo to switch from my hybrid to the road bike, when I’m trying not to do much turbo when the weather should be good and my partner can use the hybrid for some very gentle Long Covid exercise.

I dual recorded my old Direto the other day with the 4iiii which is set up for the road bike, having used the 4iiii as power source for races for several months now after the turbo semi-broke. The Direto was inflating my power by ~12.5%.

Will definitely dual record the H3 as and when the road bike goes on there for winter, if not before.

Really love the wide gradient emulation on the H3, I’ve been climbing Rouvy’s AR version of Road To Hell this week and the nasty slope near Peniel village very much reminded me of the real thing back in March! :face_vomiting:

:astonished:

i wish mine would

12.5% is a drop in the ocean in the grand scheme of things despite not being good, I’ve read of several riders swap from lower end smart turbos that seemed to be working to something more mid tier and suddenly find their old machine was inflating their figures by ~20%. :flushed:

Consistency between brands and even between models of the same brand is an absolute minefield as regards power readings, taking readings from different points in the drivechain mechanism. It’s no wonder we get so many riders in Zwift alone showing suspect data.

I think you have to unpair from the zwift app, to calibrate the using the Saris app. Otherwise the trainer can’t connect to the saris app via Bluetooth.