Samsung S21 and bluetooth sensors

Hi,

I have aSamsung S21 which will connect to my Garmin dual Ant+ Bluetooth sensors when I use Map My Run etc, but Zwift app cant see them.

Is there a way around this? I am currently using my old Huawei P20, whuch finds them easily. Looks like an interface issue bewtween S21 and Zwift?

Thanks

Andy

Hi, the Zwift app needs permission to use location on your phone but not only that, you must pick “only when the app is running” and not “always.”

This may resolve the issue.

1 Like

Ive checked permissions, its set to only when app is open. Huawei works as just connected it to my Direto XRT. S21 Zwift combo cant find the Direto either! The bluetooth app on my S21 can see it when it scans (I didnt connect through the bluetooth app), but Zwift cant find it.

Is your trainer paired with your phone in the Bluetooth settings?

If so tell it to forget it.

Samsung’s Bluetooth can be a little troublesome.

Nope.
Phone can see it when it scans but not connected.

I’ve lifted this from somebody else with issues.

On my phone I went to settings>apps&notifications>ZWIFT>Permissions then I had to manually grant the app permission to use my location. Once I did this the zwift app paired first try

Hi stuart. Thanks for the advice! I’ve managed to get the hrm to show in Zwift! I turned on notifications for Zwift in my app settings and it appeared when Zwift scanned for my Garmin dual hrm. Hopefully its not a “blip” and I can use my new phone!

Thanks

Andy

Fingers crossed.

Seems to be an issue with newer phones.

This worked for me! Thanks!