Running two Kickrs side by side...? signal issues

Considering purchase of a second Kickr trainer to setup right next my existing 2016 Kickr, in a home fitness room. Will be using ant±Fe connections to zwift on a desktop and a laptop.

Any one have experience running simultaneous trainers and zwift? My concern is ant+ interference and signal drops. Would hate to make the investment and end up buggering the connection. Wifi should not be an issue (I hope), with plenty of bandwidth via gigabit network.

Advice appreciated…

We have used two Cycleops side by side and usually have no problems. I use Apple TV and my iPhone with Companion app. My husband uses his iPad and iPhone. Usually the one thing that won’t connect is my Apple Watch to monitor my heart rate. Lately the phone has been dropping out and reconnecting but the trainer itself has been OK.

So will the ATV you are using BT connection, not ant +, correct? With my wahoo Kickr BT tends to have a lot more drops. I guess it would still be an option.

Kurt

Yes, BT. We had some drops at first but we unplug the trainers when we are done and plug back in when we ride. Not sure why it works but they stay connected.

I have the same problem with my cadence sensor since last updated. Was fine for six months but since last update zwift wont/cant pair with my cadence sensor…

turnkey pcb

My wife and I have our KICKR SNAP trainers side by side in our garage. We almost always train together, so when we do I power up hers first and get Zwift running. Then once she’s all paired-up and riding, I jump on mine and repeat the process. So far it’s worked well (except telling hers to ignore my HRM…she doesn’t use one).

I have (2) H2 running side by side , connected to Mac Books (Bluetooth) > HDMI to TV in the same room and it only works 50% of the time. One workaround is to have my wife connect via Companion App and I connect Bluetooth…it is rarely trouble free. (ug)
Its so frustrating I’m considering spiting them into different rooms :frowning:

Hubby and I have tried all kinds of ways to get our trainers to work nicely beside each other. I have an older Tacx neo and he used to have a diff model of tacx. We sold his tacx and bought a wahoo. The old tacx had a lot of dropouts so we hoped wahoo would work better. Now when we ride together as soon as he increases the power on the wahoo it freaks out and stops showing power and seems to pickup the power from my trainer. now we are wondering if 2 wahoos or another neo (I really love my trainer) would be better. Currently we can’t ride together at all. Tried one Bt, one Ant both ant, both bt, etc. It’s too bad these trainers don’t have the option to direct connect to a computer and not rely on a signal.

Is it possible to try one of you on blutooth and one on Ant+?

Thanks for replying - yes we’ve tried that too. Tried it with companion one one, not on the other as was suggested on another post. Maybe the signal on the wahoo kicker core isn’t as strong as the neo (1)?

I have read that some people have corded extensions to get the trainer’s broadcast antenna close to the proper receiver. Check out GPLama’s youtube channel for signal interference videos.

My partner and I are having issues with my Wahoo Kickr seeming to pick up his power/Zwift workouts when I’m on my workouts or even free riding. He’s using a Tacx Vortex. Has anyone found a solution to this to allow two trainers to run side by side? I’ve checked all the pairing and it seems fine but mine only behaves if his isn’t being used beside me which is so annoying as we can’t train together. Any advice welcomed!

Hi - we resolved this by selling the kickr and buying another tacx. Now they work great together

1 Like

Hi - tried that too - and the also tried the suggestions from the website you mentioned. Unfortunately the problem never did resolve.

Thanks for the reply! Both our new so selling isn’t really an option for us. Tried again today and moved the Tacx to the other end of the garage and seemed ok :smiley: I also used the Wahoo app to ensure that the Wahoo cadence sensor was chosen and not the Kickr to measure cadence. Hopefully no more issues! You really think they’d have tested all this :roll_eyes:

*are new