Route badges not working

I am also getting the same problem, had four routes so far that haven’t recorded the end or given a badge or bonus points. I have sent an email to Zwift but no response yet.

Hi @Jonathan_Crone

What routes and what dates.

Hi Gerrie,

Out & Back Again on 20th Nov, Champs-Elysees on 24th and Muir & Mountain yesterday. Also did 6 circuits of Volcano on 28th but didn’t get the bonus.

On the 20th you got the Road to Ruins badge.

You did not ride far enough. there is a 3.3km lead-in.

You did not ride far enough. there is a 5.2km lead-in. Always ride to the banner.

I see you got the badge after 5 laps and the volcano circuit CCW badge

1 Like

Hi there! Zwift newbie here. I rode earlier today and did Volcano Flat. I competed 9.1 miles to be sure I finished the entire route and lead-in, however, I don’t recall seeing a finish line this time. I was hoping to get a badge (adds to the fun). Any chance you could let me know if I missed something? This is the first time in a few rides it didn’t work for me; I have completed a handful of other routes, but not attempted this one before. Thanks!

@Wendy_Van_N your account is private so we cant see the route you rode. Most likely you didnt go far enough.

I just changed it to public. Thanks for the note!

Yeah I got bit by this too! Doh!

I’ve completed the Dust in the Wind route today which is 54.6 km long with a 0.3 km lead-in but didn’t get the badge. To receive the badge zwiftinsider states that you have to ride through the desert start/finish arch which is actually a few kms further. I did so and also a bit further on as nothing popped up.

Had to end the ride eventually as I got tired but quite disappointed that I missed out on the badge (and xp). Feel a bit disheartened to do the whole thing again :frowning:

It looks as though you must have made a manual turn somewhere along the route, because what is showing in your activity is not the Dust in the Wind route:

It looks like you turned around at the top of the climb (the second time through) and then went back down and turned right to go to the desert arch. But the route keeps going over the top of the climb, and then goes through the desert to the arch in the opposite direction.

2 Likes

Oh you are right @Nigel_Tufnel! Really don’t know how that happened but at least I know what went wrong now. :woman_facepalming:t5:

Thanks for looking into it!

I’m getting badges for routes I haven’t completed :slight_smile:

You should sell them, they seem quite popular around here.

2 Likes

Hi, I have completed a route and rode 100k but did not receive the corresponding badges.
During (!) my ride the message popped up that my trial expired even though I am on automatic renewal. I could finish and save the ride but not earn the badges. Logging in again after the ride the message was gone, I guess the renewed subscription was recognized. However still no badges.

How can I get the badges now?

Thanks!

Sorry, you have to ride it once more.
I had the same problem, no badges (and no drops) after trial expires.

Reading over these reviews it seems that everyone makes the same mistake. At some point you think they’d get the hint that they should just award the badge when you completed 1 loop and not 1.1 loops. I mean when I go to the local track and cross the start / finish line they call it a lap. That’s pretty globally accepted concept.

On Zwift you ride to the track.

1 Like

Yes, but you are leaving out the lead-in. Do you live at the start/finish line of the track or do you have to ride to get to it (the lead-in)?

2 Likes

Crazy to think badge matching is still an issue. Missed out on Tour of Fire and Ice today, not sure why - no manual turns. Ride matched to the Strava segment too. Based on what someone else above mentioned, I think in hindsight the game started me slightly ahead of the volcano beacon though. Would think if I pick a route I’d start in a valid route starting position if that is the case though :confused:

Devastated too see I have earned my badge after this tuff slog…