Ride uploaded to Strava but not uploaded to Garmin Connect

Did a workout ride yesterday (SST Med), and after completing the ride, the workout was uploaded to Strava.

However, the ride could not be found on my Garmin Connect.

I am using the Apple TV 4k for the ride.

Is there anyway to resolve and get the workout reflected on my Garmin Connect?

edit 1: Have also tried to download the .fit file from my Zwift dashboard (when I log in online), and upload to Garmin Connect, but encountered the “An error occurred with your upload. Please try again.” issue.

edit 2: Have also tried using the fitfiletools website to try to “fix” the file, but still encountering the same Garmin Connect error message =(

Sorry the .fit file isn’t uploading correctly! Have you tried troubleshooting with this guide from Garmin’s site?  This may be able to help fix your .fit file for Garmin, especially if it was uploaded to Strava successfully. 

Edit: That may just help you locate corrupt files. In that case I would definitely recommend contacting Garmin support. If they usher you back to us let us know by sending a support ticket. :) 

Hi Vincent,

I have tried to download the .fit file from Strava (by using the export_original method), and have tried using the fitfiletools website, but it still doesn’t upload to Garmin.

The .gpx file downloaded from Strava can be uploaded to Garmin, however it loses a lot of data (cadence, power)

In that case I would definitely recommend contacting Garmin support. If they usher you back to us let us know by sending a support ticket. :) 

i have excactly the same issue 
this sunday un a run workout zwift synced only to garmin connect but not to strava or Trainingpeaks,i downloaded the fit file from zwift but that placed the workout 2 days back in time…
yesterday i did a bikeworkout and this time after 20 min waiting it appeared in strava but instantly in Trianingpeaks but still nothing in connect again i downloaded the fit file from zwift but now it was 1 day ahead of time ??? What is going on,i have never had issues with the sync before at all
and it is NOT a connect issue its a date issue from zwift side 

Hey Frank thanks for writing in. Can you send us a support ticket? We’ll be able to help you privately there. 

Same issue here. Just did the Zwift Academy ride. File synced automatically to Strava. No sync to Today’s Plan or Garmin Connect. Downloaded file from Zwift, but upload to Garmin gave “error”. This is a new issue, been using this setup for ages.

1 Like