Ride-on option gone? [SOLVED] [Game v.1.12.1]

My guess is they send you the standard reply telling you to seek help in the forum :roll_eyes:

Anyway… Yesterday I rode an hour with no bomb, several forced restarts of the app didn’t help. Then the app crashed and when I opened it again the bomb was there for the rest of my ride.

BooX

1 Like

Nope, they are asking me to send log files. I assume from the app but they are not very clear. They refer to an article that says I have to click on a specific icon on the title screen.

Unfortunately, I do not see that icon, so now I am asking them for a screenshot.

Did you try sending one ride-on via windows?
Or a restart of the app during the ride?

I’ve verified this in the Windows and Mac versions. I have not tried it in iOS. No app restarts, no button selections. All I did was start the app, and start riding. No white ring for the RideOn bomb was displayed. Then I clicked on a rider name on the right side of the HUD in the main app, and then clicked the ride-on button that showed up next to their name. Once this was done the ring for the RideOn bomb immediately started to materialize (it didn’t just suddenly show up … it did that materializing thing it does after you bomb people … the delayed appearance). Once it was fully displayed it functioned as normal for me,

1 Like

Yeah it’s gone for me on Companion

2 Likes

It’s only gone for me during a workout. It showed up as soon as my workout finished.

1 Like

Hi

Very positive that they don’t go the usual “forum bla bla” way :+1:

RO’s works fine from Win10. A restart of the app didn’t solve it, first when it crashed an hour into my ride and I restarted it everything was normal with the bomb present.

Btw… Had the same issues today, forced close and restart without succes.
But… when I switched from W/Kg to Watts on the ZCA display and did a restart the bomb showed up.
It could be a coincidence, don’t know since I wasn’t able to reproduce the missing bomb during that ride, but it might be worth a try :thinking:

BooX :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

I was thinking about this during my ride this morning and wondering if Zwift may have purposely removed the ‘Ride On bomb’ option from the companion app in an (ill communicated) attempt to address the numerous ‘please stop the incessant Ride On ping sound!’ comments. I mean, if they make it harder to give a Ride On, then there are likely to be fewer of them and, ergo, the Ride On pings stop being quite so overwhelming. I know that I have noted far fewer Ride On sounds since the recent update. But, even without the ‘bomb’, the Ride On pings still get CRAZY LOUD when near Diesel Dan and C. Cadence (I have not noted it when near the other two cycling Pace Partners).

1 Like

This appears to be a run-time error. I’ve had a few rides recently where I couldn’t carpet others with ride ons and I’ve had a couple where I could. All of my apps are up to date and the ability to drop a ride on has worked in 2 of the last 4 rides I’ve done.

1 Like

I wonder if it reappears after YOU get a RideOn.
It seems to me that is close to when it appeared on my last ride.
I have not tested that, obviously.

1 Like

Mine doesn’t appear from the start, only when my training is over (I only do trainings)

I used the companion app on my iPad yesterday. 2 hours and no circle for the ride on bomb.
My app is updated.

Hi @Jim_Sanders

Have you tried some of the suggestions in this thread?

Can anyone confirm that once you give a ride-on using the windows interface, the circle appears in the app?

Yes some reports indicate that it does work.

1 Like

The ride-on fix in Windows and Mac isn’t available to AppleTV users, we are limited to using the companion app to give ride ons.

It’s still possible to give individual ride ons by selecting a rider in the ‘nearby zwifters’ menu in the app, but this doesn’t fix the missing circle bug.

At first the bug appeared on my Ipad but not on my iphone, so I started using that, but now the circle is also missing from my iphone.

(The bug first appeared when I ‘wore’ my TOW finishers shirt during a ride - as nothing else had changed I naturally thought that was the cause and so changed my shirt back, after which the circle did reappear!)

But subsequent problems seem to have disproved this theory.

My AppleTV, Iphone and ipad are all using the latest app versions.

This seems to be an issue just with the iOS version of Zwift Companion.

I’m using Apple TV, and my ride-on circle is there in my Android ZC.

1 Like

Hi all

I have lost the white circle around the orange triangle position marker on the map and so cannot award multiple ride ons. Fellow runners used to be white on the map now they are dark grey. Do I need to change settings or is it something else?

1 Like

hi Kevin,

we think it is a bug. I understand that the workaround is to send a ride-on using your Windows/Apple application first (click on someone in the list (who is close to you) on the right) and after that the white circle will appear.
ps. Haven’t tested this myself yet.

I have tried that, and it didn’t work for me.
Yesterday I rode a free ride, and the Ride-on option was gone. I joined a race, and when that was finished, the option was back.
I tried to restart the Companion-app, but it didn’t work.

1 Like

Ok… so the work around does not work…