Recover my ride

Hi, can anyone help me? I lost internet in the last few kms of my ride. I’d like to retrieve it so I can save to strava. It’s on my feed but wont load when I press it.

Link of the ride: The at Home Cycling & Running Virtual Training App

Thank you in advance.

Hi @Chino_Galvez_PH,

If you use Apple TV, the file is lost, due to the unique file structure, but for all others, you can check out this article to see how to recover the .fit file. This file can’t be uploaded to zwift, but you can use it to upload to Strava or any other third parties you might want to.

Hope this helps!

Ride On!

Hi there!

What if you can’t see any data from the ride other than the ride summary?
On the companion app I can see distance, time, elevation, calories, but that’s it.
On a Mac desktop, I can see the summary in the activity feed, but if I try to click into it, I just see a loading ‘Z’ on the screen

Activity is The at Home Cycling & Running Virtual Training App

Thanks in advance for any help/advice!

Deena

Hi @Deena_Blacking ,

To reiterate what was said above, if you did the ride on anything other than an Apple TV the fit file should be in the documents/zwift/activities folder and it should be the file with the date of your activity as the name.

You will be able to upload this to strava but not zwift.

There is no fit file to see.

What if you can’t see any data from the ride other than the ride summary?
On the companion app I can see distance, time, elevation, calories, but that’s it.
On a Mac desktop, I can see the summary in the activity feed, but if I try to click into it, I just see a loading ‘Z’ on the screen

If anyone has any helpful advice/guidance, that would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Ignore the zwift website. Ignore the zwift companion. Ignore the zwift app.

Go to your Mac, go to your documents folder, then your zwift folder, then your activities folder, that is where the fit files are. If there isn’t one there then you can’t do anything. If there is one you can upload it to strava (if you use strava).

2 Likes

@Deena_Blacking: @Eric_Schlange has a longer article that amounts to the same thing that @Ben_Brawn wrote. Just follow the link below to read that.

Gotcha! Thank you. That’s very helpful!

1 Like