Re-broadcast Zwift to Edge 520

Hello,

Is there a way to re-broadcast the ride data live from Zwift to a Garmin Edge 520?

(I appreciate I could just connect the trainer, HRM, cadence etc directly to the Edge).

Thanks,

Alan

may I ask why you would want this?

Zwift automatically creates a full .fit file which contains GPS data, speed, etc. when you upload to Strava, you can see segments, etc. I would think it has everything you need, yes?

Hello Mike,

Two reason for asking about this:

1. Automation: The Edge 520 syncs with Garmin Connect via my iphone and blue tooth.  Removes the need to download and upload a .fit file.

2. VO2 Max: The Edge 520 has a feature that calculates a VO2 max score based on ride data.

I’m not a Strava user.  I run, bike and swim and collect all of my data in Garmin Connect.  Hence, I’d like my data to be ‘Garminised’ before it’s uploaded.

Hope this is useful.

Thanks,

Alan

@Alan

What you ask for is technically possible but (1) you would need a second ANT+ dongle/antenna connected to your computer and (2) Zwift would need to be enhanced to make use of this additional ANT+ dongle/antenna to relay the in-game data.

It is a neat feature and useful for probably a very small community of people, like yourself, so I perhaps Zwift may one day add it, but I wouldn’t hold your breathe so to speak :slight_smile:

Michael,

No worries!  Thanks for getting back to me so quickly.

Alan

Alan, 

Just turn on your Garmin and start a workout it’ll still track all your paired devices at the same time as the computer does. I do the same thing with my 910xt so that I can get my actual speed and mileage data for Garmin Connect and WKO4, but still have the computer adjusted data for the Strava segments.