Strava Export & Upload to Training Peaks

when I export a gpx file out of strava and upload it in training peaks why are there not a full set of ride metrics? Can I use my Garmin Connect or Joule GPS simultaneously with Zwift to get a full set of ride metrics?

The lack of power on the .gpx file from Strava is an annoying Strava issue. You can download a .fit file directly from The at Home Cycling & Running Virtual Training App and upload that file to Garmin Connect and the power data will be there. If you have autosynch with TP the data will showup there also. You can use a Joule or Edge but it is not necessary. I did it as a backup not trusting Zwift initially but it seems pretty stable now

1 Like

You can download the .fit file right from Zwift and upload it to TrainingPeaks. I did a bunch today and it worked great.

Hot off the Zwift Wire!

Now you can now connect your TrainingPeaks account for automatic uploads by logging into your dashboard at zwift.com and navigating to Settings > Connections.

Ride On!

Is Garmin Connect ever going to get released. If this one was done first folks would have gotten the others for free.

Yeah, I’m guess I’m a dope.

The “What’s New” announcement said: “Now you can connect your TrainingPeaks account to Zwift for seamless uploads. Log in and navigate to Settings > Connections to connect today.”

I definitely needed Scott B.'s clarification:

Now you can now connect your TrainingPeaks account for automatic uploads by logging into your dashboard at zwift.com and navigating to Settings > Connections.

“Your Dashboard” and “at zwift.com” are important pieces of info!!

Seems now when I upload to Garmin Connect I end up getting two workouts on Training Peaks. Really would just prefer to have it upload to Garmin Connect after which it should show up on Strava and Training Peaks automatically.

Carl,  

IF

GC is linked to TP 

AND

you have now linked Zwift to TP

THEN

you will get two workouts on TP.  

SOLUTION

Disable one or the other link.

========

If you want your workout to show up in GP, then you will have to upload it manually.  

I guess Strava is smart enough not to upload duplicate rides whereas TP is not, hence the problem.

Guess the solution is to unlink everything, manually upload via Garmin Connect, and then let the Strava/TP pull across the rides. Still end up having to manually upload stuff which is a pain.

Yes, at this point GC requires a manual upload if you want data there.  I assume there is some behind the scenes politics or Garmin has some marketing strategy in not permitting data to be pushed there.  Maybe they think that makes them the center of the universe with other services orbiting around them.  Who knows, but I agree it kind of sucks.

The new Zwift to TrainingPeaks doesn’t put the workout title in like it does for Strava. E.g. “Zwift - Watopia 02/07/2016”

I think that may be a TrainingPeaks thing.  It doesn’t put the workout title in for GC either.