Random 'started riding' notifications coming when person is not riding

I’ve started receiving notifications for cyclists who are not cycling. Today at 12:36 I received a notification for someone ‘started riding’ and when I went to the companion app the person was not riding and had not ridden.

I have only noticed this since the last big update to the companion app.

Wondering if anyone else is experiencing this?

Hi Steven,

This is not something I’ve heard of as yet, however, it would be good to get some feedback from the community and discover if this is a more widespread issue.

Just for clarification, is both your primary Zwift app and your Zwift Companion up to date with the latest available versions? Thanks for sharing!

This is happening on Companion app. I would suspect that the app is updated since Android does it without my interaction but I will check and see if it needs to be done.

Thanks

Same thing happened to my husband companion, just random even though he asked not to be notified :imp::imp::sob::sob:

I enabled wi-fi 2 days ago so apps could update, so far no random notifications but it’s only been a few days. If it occurs again I will post back.

Thanks

Yeah I’ve been having this issue as well. Two riders in particular. One I’m following and one I’m not. I get a notification most mornings on iPhone.

After thinking it was solved I got a notification for a non-rider yesterday. It’s someone I follow but they weren’t riding…

And again twice today it occurred.

Thanks for the feedback on this issue, everyone. I’m flagging it up the chain to our team and we’ll investigate this potential game bug.

For those of you still experiencing the problem, please submit a support ticket if you haven’t already done so, which will allow our team to better track this issue. In your support requests, please identify the types of devices (e.g. iPad, iPhone, AppleTV, Android, PC, or Mac) your using for both the Zwift app and Zwift Companion app.

I’m still receiving these, mutliple times for same person, and multiple people, when they aren’t riding.

I’m going to go out on a limb here and suggest that you’re sending a notification when they log in to zwift and not when they actually start the ride? If that’s not the case then it’s probably a consequence of how you’ve f’d up the menus so that you have to start ride now in order to do anything…which as discussed in other posts is completely backwards intuitively.

At any rate this is not resolved and I’m not opening a separate ticket since it’s been posted here by other people so the platform isn’t likely the issue. I’m running Android 6.0.1, very common phone.

This is something on your end, let’s see if you can fix it.