Problems with IOS connection

Since yesterday, I am unable to connect with my Mac and TacX Flux. When pairing it shows connected but when beginning the ride their is no power, no cadence, rider does not move.
I have done all the recommended steps in the following article now 3 timeshttps://support.zwift.com/en_us/bluetooth-issues-and-macs-(cycling)-rJgNZ0yWBQ

Any suggestions resolving the issue.
I’m running mac os sierra 10.12.6 with a tacx flux

Hi Colin,

What about ANT+? Have you tried pairing your Tacx Flux to Zwift on your Mac using an ANT+ dongle? You can find more information in the Zwift Support article, “What is an ANT+ dongle used for when Cycling on Zwift? Where can I get one?

It seems like you’ve found a good article for troubleshooting BLE issues specific to Macs, and if it hasn’t helped you to resolve the problem, our support team will need to examine your account and Zwift setup in more detail in order to further assist you. Please submit a support ticket if you haven’t already done so, and one of our support agents will be happy to take a closer look at this matter.

Why do I need to purchase an ant+ dongle when I’ve ridden zwift for over a year without it? This is a known problem your software has, maybe fix it. I tried again today to connect my mac, no connection, so maybe just best to try one of your competitors.

The ANT+ dongle is a suggestion, not a requirement.

For what it’s worth, I’ve been using a Macbook and Bluetooth w/Zwift for a few months now w/out issues.

• Have you tried using the Tacx app on your phone to connect via Bluetooth to your trainer and verify the trainer is working as expected?
  • Have you verified that the Bluetooth on your Mac is working fine w/other Bluetooth devices? If so, then it’s probably not your Mac.
  • Have you made sure to disconnect or even shutdown Bluetooth on your phone when trying to connect your Mac?
  • Have you verified the Flux has the latest firmware?
  • Perhaps try Zwift on your phone via Bluetooth to see if that works? If it does, then your trainer probably isn’t the problem.
  • Have you opened a support ticket as suggested?

If it worked great for a year, what changed? Did it break after a specific update? You say this is a known problem, care to share the details of said known problem.

Problem occurred after an update, firmware is updated, support ticket opened, and they sent me exactly the same information as 1 month ago. Blue tooth connects rider does not move. The problem is not with the bluetooth connection. I’ve recalibrated with the tacx software in the last 2 days and again made sure the firmware was updated. I originally only thought it was blue tooth connection but the primary problem is it shows I’m connected, but my rider does not move, I have no cadence and no power. I did a TacX workout today and no problem. I have reset my bluetooth module, emptied the files they’ve asked etc… This information is readily available on the Zwift site so it is a known problem.

I don’t know what support had you do to reset the module or what files to manipulate, but here is what I would do now that you have verified it works w/the Tacx software.

• Throw Zwift in the garbage aka uninstall it.
  • Remove the Bluetooth .plist file.
  • Reset the Bluetooth module.
  • Empty the trash.
  • Reboot the Mac.
  • Reinstall Zwift.

If you are not that familiar w/all of the above, here is a similar problem w/a link for some extra guidance:

2 Likes

Also make sure the trainer is not connected to anything else. bluetooth can only link to one device at a time.
Do not pair the bluetooth in any other app only in the Zwift app.

I am new to Zwift. I recently acquired a Saris H3 trainer which works perfectly with my iPhone 11. In order to view Zwift on a larger screen, I tried it on my iPad. Zwift picked up all the sensors and worked fine initially, but would then suddenly cut out with my avatar stopping on the side of the road. While still in the Zwift session I tried pairing again but the Bluetooth would not pick up the trainer and hr sensor. Closing Zwift and starting over would then connect with the trainer, just to stop working after a few minutes of pedaling. The iPad has no other active Bluetooth connections showing in the Settings. Will appreciate your help.

1 Like

You only need pair the trainer and sensors in Zwift. Do not pair them to your iPhone or iPad. If you have, remove them from Settings > Bluetooth. Also, remember to enable Bluetooth for Zwift on your iPad (Settings > Zwift)

1 Like

Thanks for the response, Lin.

I verified that Zwift is enabled on my iPad. Furthermore, I did not pair the trainer and sensors to my iPad or iPhone (via Settings > Bluetooth). When starting Zwift the program picked up the trainer and sensor with no problem on the iPad. As mentioned in my earlier posting, on the iPhone Zwift works perfectly. the problem is with the iPad, where it pairs properly when I start Zwift, but then cut out without warning during the ride.

I also verified that the trainer and sensor were not paired in Bluetooth via Settings on the iPad and the iPhone.

What else should I check?

Thanks for helping me sorting out this.

BT randomly dropping seems to be an issue happening to lot of people recently:

I have opened a ticket 1 week ago without answers yet.

For the moment I deactivated Zwift subscription and I am using other apps (Rouvy) to race and train as there I don’t have BT issues: will update my post in the forum if and when I will get any useful feedback by Zwift support to the ticket I have opened.

Have you updated the iPad OS to the latest version? Also, double check that Zwift is the latest and greatest.

1 Like

Thanks, however been there, done that… actually problems started right after latest iOS update…

I faced similar kind of issue, still searching for some proper solution.

Same issue for me, bought Wattbike Atom in March, used it every day via connection in ipad through to the Zwift app. Suddenly, this week it’s all gone haywire. Either the ipad can’t pick up the signal from the wattbike or, if it does, then I set off in Zwift but I can’t change resistance with the gears. Rebooted everything, checked I have latest versions of all apps and the operating system. No joy. At my wits end.

1 Like

Still waiting an answer (2 weeks…) to the ticket I have opened, anyway got some success by moving to Apple TV and then nearing Apple TV to Saris H3:

Hi Lin - I updated the iPad OS to the latest version and my Zwift is also the latest, installed the previous week. After updating the OS on my iPad I tried riding in Zwift and it was still kicking met out. Strangely enough, no problems with my iPhone. What else should I try?

Thanks!

Louis

The iPad is the one device I don’t have and thus cannot test. It might be a bug limited to the iPad. It could be iPad OS or it could be Zwift. My bet would be it’s a Zwift bug :smile: but :man_shrugging:

There was a new Zwift update this morning. Perhaps try updating and see if that helps.

Out of curiosity, which HR monitor are you using? Have you tried riding w/only the trainer paired and no other sensors. If not, give that a try.

Hopefully, you’ve also opened a ticket with Zwift support. If not, you should and be sure to include iPad version, iPad OS version, Zwift version, and trainer make/model information.

Thanks Lin - I have opened a ticket with Zwift support. Let’s see how that works out.

Opened one for the same issue more than 2 weeks ago, no answer yet.