Problems with Elite Turno

Hi guys,

I’m having problems with Elite Turno and Zwift. First riding power and speed was too high. I did a reset to Elite Turno and then, power and speed was too low… Frustrated.

Is there any information to set up Elite Turno and Zwift correctly?

I also did set up with MyEtraining and, it works perfectly with The Sufferfest.

Many thanks,
Pedro

I can’t find any references to the Turno being a supported trainer w/ Zwift. I know Elite says it can work, but nothing as far as I can see in the supported trainers list or here: https://support.zwift.com/de/-ryokRkWrm

How are you connecting your trainer? ANT+ or Bluetooth? What is displayed under Power Source on the pairing screen? How do you know your power is too high or too low?

Many thanks Joe,

Elite’s web shows the information about compatibility https://www.elite-it.com/en/products/home-trainers/smart-trainers/turno

I am connecting trainer through Bluetooth as I am using Zwift from my iPhone X. I know that power (up to 3000) and speed (70 km/h) is too high for my effort and, moreover, Zwift prompts a message saying that I should calibrate my trainer.

Thanks

Have you checked out this link: https://support.zwift.com/-setting-up-an-elite-turbo-muin-Hyh1AyZrX

I believe your trainer has the Misuro B+ sensor in it.

Thanks Paul, you’re right, Elite Turno works with the Misuro B+ sensor.

I followed instructions that came with trainer to set up (assume newer instructions as Turno needs 15 blinks when you set up the sensor).

What I don’t understand is if I need to do something different in the MyETraining Elite App. Here I have options with the wheel diameter (I can’t upload picture to show you instructions right now but I’ll be able tomorrow).

Quite frustrated, as compare with The Sufferfest, you can set up from the App and pick “Elite Turno” or “wheel diameter” and works fine. Zwift connects directly with the trainer so I don’t have options to adjust.

Any clue?

For Zwift, the wheel circumference setting in the MyETraining app has no impact whatsoever unless you are using speed data transmitted from your trainer and pairing the Turno as a ‘classic trainer’ w/ speed & cadence sensors. Then? You have to use whatever weird ‘virtual’ wheel circumference Elite recommends.

(I just looked it up for the Turno, and it’s your real wheel circumference / 15.34), or ~2105/15.34 = 137.2 mm for a 700c x 25mm tire.)

But… you shouldn’t do this! Because, if you do, then you aren’t using the power data from your trainer to determine your in-Zwift speed. You’re using some approximation of your imaginary rear wheel’s “speed” to arrive at a Zwift-calculated power value in Watts that may (or more likely may not) be a reflection of your actual power output. This is because Zwift is treating your trainer like any ‘dumb’ trainer and applying your speed data to a power curve, and spitting out a power number. If the power curve used is different from your trainer’s actual curve, there’s no hope for accuracy! (e.g. 3000 W :rofl:)

What you want to do is be sure that you are transmitting POWER data from your trainer to Zwift. You do this by pairing your trainer (or the Misuro B+) as a Power Source - not a speed sensor.

Your in-game speed will then be determined by your power and your weight (in your Zwift profile).

Good luck!

1 Like

Thanks Joe, problem solved. I followed your recommendation and it works! FTP test done!

Many thanks

1 Like

Happy I could help.

Ride on! :+1:t2:

1 Like

Hi @Pedro_Martinez and @Joe_Daknis_B,

I just read your entire discussion but it didn’t solved my problem.

I’m pairing my Trainer by using the Misuro B+ as a Power Source but it doesn’t work. Zwift says I’ve got an average of 130w during a casual training… And I know that I can nearly get the same result on one leg with the Elite app.
I also did a reset of the Misuro B+ and (re)followed the set up instructions (15 blinks) but it didn’t change anything.

I have this trainer from the first lockdown in March 2020 and it worked really well at that time. I don’t know why my Turno started to be totally dumb during the last month with Zwift.

1 Like

hallo iedereen,

Ik heb een elite turno overgekocht van een vriend die er zelden mee gereden heeft.
Ik wil op wift rijden maar heb problemen met het koppelen.
Hij neemt de cadans wel aan en bij de power vind hij de misuro B+ wel maar geeft geen wattage door en verliest veel het signaal. wat zou dit kunnen oplossen.
heb al veel geprobeerd maar niets lukt zowel op pc als op gsm.
Heb hem ook al gecalibreerd.

mvg

Bonjour , J’arrive pas à me connecter avec mon élite turno sur mon pc mac pro , jai essayé via l’application Zwift companion et rien ne marche j’ai le "contrôlable " qui ne prend pas puis j’ai acheté une clé Ant Tacx et ça ne marche toujours pas , pouvez vous m’aider ? merci