Problem with apple subscription

Hello,

I’m experiencing some trouble regarding my zwift subscription. Yesterday I purchased a subscription via ios, but the zwift app somehow doesn’t recognize my subscription. I received an e-mail from apple containing the receipt of my payment and stating that the subscription is active (also active on “manage subscriptions” menu in my phone).

When I select the Join button, or restore purchase, a message appears saying “purchase cancelled” or “purchase failed, you were not charged”. But my credit card was already charged.

I opened a ticket, and they told me I had to contact apple support to get a solution because they don’t have access to apple system. So I did contact apple support, but the problem is since I subscribed to a third party app, I should contact the developers to see what’s wrong. So back to zwift again.

Trying contact with someone from support, but no response. I could really use some help here, since I can’t use the app and there is some annoying back and forth of responsability going on. I have screenshots, receipt, really willing to help here.

Thanks.

I don’t know if you are still having this issue but it may benefit people that encounter it going forward.
I got around this problem by doing this:

• Make sure you are logged into the Apple device as the account you want to use to purchase Zwift subscription. This may mean totally logging off any accounts currently logged on to the device.
  • Uninstall the Zwift application from the device then go back into the Apple Store and download the application again. The purchase failed error when restoring the purchase is because the Zwift application was downloaded using a different account than the one purchasing the subscription (Apple - go figure!).
  • This should then allow you to restore the purchase.
  • If you still have issues then go into your Apple Store and into your account, then subscriptions and cancel the Zwift subscription. Then back into Zwift application and purchase the product. If by any chance it charges you a second time then Apple should be able to refund you but as far as I can see it has only charged me once for the subscription.
    I hope this helps.
    Alex
2 Likes

Hey Alex,

I did all those steps, but in the end the problem was my phone. I was using an old 5s, when I switched to my wife’s iphone 8, it worked on first attempt. But had to login on my app store account instead of hers though. It’s all fine now.

But thanks for the help, this guide can help others indeed.

Cheers.

I had to “Restore Purchase”. Then it linked the membership correctly to my login account.

Image from iOS (4)

Hi Alex, thanks for sharing.

I have re-newed my subcription in Settings on my I-phone. If I now however hit restore purchasein the app it prompts that the renewal will only be active 9 November…

Any help how to fix this?

You should be able to ride now. The “renewal on 9 November“ means that your next payment will be done on that day (the 30-day-period will be over by then).

Following message now appears: The iTunes account belongs to another zwift player. Please log in with another iTunes account.

Any advice?

As far as I know you can only pay via iTunes for one Zwift account. Do you happen to have more Zwift accounts (for family members etc.) and try to pay for them all via the same iTunes account? That won’t work, you need to use another payment method for the other accounts.

Maybe Zwift support can solve this for you.

This link is no longer there as Zwift has been updated.

How can i restore purchase in the new version :confused:

Hi, I have similar problem. Did renew my subscription on IOS, but the account is still inactive. Didnt receive any „join now” or „restore purchase” in my app, the money has been taken from account. Can you please let me know what are the next steps? Thanks!

I get the error message below for months.
My wife has her own Apple ID and she is subscribed via Apple Store to Zwift but she can’t see her subscription. Her CC is debited by the way.
When I do “Restore Purchase” I keep receiving the same message.

Anyone able to solve this issue?

I also have an issue with regards to my Zwift subscription through Apple that I’m trying to resolve with Zwift support to no avail.

My wife previously had a Zwift membership for which we used my Apple ID to facilitate the payment. My profile has always used the direct credit card method. My wife’s account is deleted and I want to switch to using the Apple subscription for my profile. This is as the exchange rate between my local currency and Zwift’s billing currency is too volatile and I end up paying way more on the direct payment method as opposed to having an Apple subscription.

From what I have gathered from the forums thus far. There seems to be an issue where the first Zwift profile you used an Apple subscription for, is the only profile that will ever work with that Apple ID payment. Surely this should be fixable thing and profiles should be transferable.

Zwift support recommended I create a new Apple ID (just not feasible for all the other services and products I use) or to continue paying with my credit card?? So not really good support being provided in this area.

I would love to have anyone from Zwift support me on this beyond the Zwift email thread that is not getting me anywhere.