power dropouts

since update i have dropouts with my trainer.  a few weeks ago i have changed new batteries at power so that cant be the problem.

i have tried changing ant+ connection with bleutooth mobile but still the same problems. i have power but every few minutes i have dropouts for about 10-15 sec

Have you worked through these steps:

ANT+ Dropouts: https://support.zwift.com/hc/en-us/articles/204186849-My-ANT-signal-is-dropping?section=201145295

BLE Dropouts: https://support.zwift.com/hc/en-us/articles/115000111566-My-Bluetooth-signal-is-Dropping?section=201145295

A most unfortunate set of events occurred today: I have been doing a 4 Week FTP Builder within Zwift while riding upon my trusty Wahoo Kickr Gen2. Of the 23 workouts leading up to today, I’d not had a single dropout of the signal relaying power. Inexplicably, during my FTP test today, my power dropped out 9 times, skewing my numbers dramatically. It’s almost comical that this happened today during my test because it hadn’t happened once before and I didn’t change anything in my physical setup to alter the signal strength. Please, please, PLEASE tell me there’s a way to find an accurate FTP from my file, taking out the ZEROs from the test.

Thanks in advance!

So many factors; I too am seeing intermittent drops / zeroes in wattage (PowerTap BLE Hub) only in the Zwift Dashboard on my iOS device (and of course, on the monitor displaying the ride / race graphics!). Twice I’ve been dropped from a ‘group’ and killed myself trying to get back on - to no avail. I know it is not interference, power / battery issues, etc - as the Wahoo ELEMNT Bolt recorded smoothly the entire time. I’d be furious if it happened during an FTP test.

If anything I suspect it’s a lower than optimal WiFi signal - though that does not make too much sense (the Zwift Dashboard on my iOS device shows the same power drop, as it should - since it is sending the data along) but as a new user, I’m still tweaking a few set-up items.

Hey Glen.  I was actually able to fix the zeros and get an accurate reading by using Golden Cheetah at the suggestion of Shane Miller (very helpful YouTuber).  Other than the dropouts I experienced during the FTP, the connection has been completely reliable.  I hope, like hell, I don’t experience what you’ve had to endure during a group ride/race.

Thanks for the response and hoping it all works out for you!