Pair Wahoo Tickr

My month old Wahoo Tickr was working 9/10 times when I started zwift app.
When I go to start screen and Tap to Pair Heart Rate monitor, it just shows as searching.

It’s connected to bluetooth on iphone XS.

I can see my heartbeat in the wahoo app.
I don’t have the wahoo app running when I try to pair with Zwift.

I’ve replaced the battery in the Tickr but power does not seem to be the issue because I can see it in the wahoo app.

I’ve tried rebooting the iphone and it does not help.

I’ve removed Wahoo Tickr App and Zwift and re-installed both.

Still can’t get it to show up in Zwift.

Can anyone help please?

Have you checked the Bluetooth connections in the iPhone? You mentioned you closed the wahoo app but if the Tickr is connected to your iPhone Bluetooth it won’t be able to pair to anything else. Best is to go settings → Bluetooth → Tickr (or whatever it’s called in the list) → forget device. This will remove it from your iPhone pairing and make it available to Zwift.

1 Like

I’m in the exact same situation. I also tried the comment below and that did now work.

1 Like

Having the same problem.
I use mi Tickr x with Zwift run for 2 month.
Yesterday stop working … I get HR activity… but no pace or cadence…

I already disconnect the wahoo app… but not getting pace or cadence in Zwift run.

My Zwift app update 2 days ago… :thinking:

1 Like

Hi Rico!

I fix my problem… maybe it help you!.

1. Take out the battery of the tickr.
  2. put it inside out, for 3 to 4 seconds.
  3. Put te battery correctly again.

Now, go to the phone.

1. Open Zwift. Go to run.
  2. In the pair screen, dont do nothing.
  3. Open the WAHOO App. (if you don’t connect the tickr before, do it now)
  4. On the WAHOO APP, start a Run treadmil training.
  5. Inmidiatly finis the count down of start, close the app (don’t swich apps, CLOSE IT)
  6. Go to Zwift. The same connections screen were was before.

I do all of it… and start working perfectly!.

Good Luck!

Lean_Lon

1 Like

Hi my tickr was working using method above but not since update around 18 august 2021. Anyone else having issues?

2 Likes

Mine isn’t connecting either but haven’t tried the above method yet. Just got the tickr last week. I’ll post update tomorrow

1 Like

After months of working perfectly mine has mysteriously stopped working as well and I’ve tried countless solutions to no effect. Please sort this out zwift as it is extremely frustrating logging on for a ride to find your long-standing gear no longer works!

1 Like

Just got a Tickr after using garmin tri-HRM for a long time. Tickr works fine with the watch, and I can see it on Zwift running on my laptop, but the signal drops out. Still connected to my Fenix 6x though. Very odd as it’s supposed to be able to run concurrent connections (BLE + ANT).

I am by no means technical savvy but I have solved my problem of the Tickr not pairing with Zwift in my Mac by trial an error. I appears that by first pairing the Tickr via the iPhone, I got it to pair with the Mac.

1. Using my iPhone I made sure that the Tickr firmware was updated to the latest version by means of the Wahoo app.
  2. I ran the Wahoo app to check if it detected the Tickr and read my heart rate.
  3. I checked and deleted the Tickr from Bluetooth list of devices in the iPhone.
  4. I ran the Zwift app in the iPhone and got my Tickr paired and reading my hear rate.
  5. I ran the Zwift app in the Mac and finally got the Tickr paired.

Cheers.

Hello All,
I am having the same issue with my TckrX and it not connecting in RUN mode, works perfectly in RIDE mode (As heart rate only but cadence etc work as well).
I was able to use before a recent update and then it stopped working.
I tried all the tricks and the in-installs etc. with no luck.
I have recently started running again and come to rely on this connection and now do not know how to fix it.
None of the above has worked for me on the iPhone or my preferred iPad Pro, is there a known issue as it was strange to have to start the Wahoo app to get it connected at the start when that was not needed for the RIDE mode.
Hope there is an update soon that fixes this problem and allows the connection to work as well as it does in RIDE mode.

Electrode gel sorted my tickr out.

1 Like

My Tickr worked perfectly well on Zwift until a couple of weeks ago. In the connection screen, the Tickr connects but shows no data. This happens every time I ride on Zwift. The Tickr works perfectly on FulGaz, Rouvy, BLE app and Wahoo app. I connect to Zwift using Companion on a Samson Smartphone. I view the ride on a Lenova Windows 10 laptop. I have tried connecting by Bluetooth (not using Companion) to connect the computer to Zwift with the same lack of results. I have no other Bluetooth devices connected when I connect my trainer, Kinectic Road Machine to Zwift. I have tried restarting both my laptop and my phone. This is very frustrating!

Looking thru the support articles, I tried updating my Companion in
Google Playstore. It solved my problem!

Temporarily turn off your phones Bluetooth it will connect immediately to Zwift and then turn it back on when you want to listen to your music! Even if you put forget device for the pulse meter it still tries to direct your phones Bluetooth…