On mobile app, messages cover back button and menu button

When viewing data for another rider on the mobile app, if a group message comes through, it covers the top of the screen, hiding the back button.  So if a bunch of messages keep coming through, you don’t get a chance to hit the back button to exit viewing another rider. (all on the mobile app).  This is on an iPhone 6 running the latest mobile app version.

When I try to click in the proper area, it brings up the box for entering a group message which is annoying as well.

The chat system is worthless all together on both the mobile application as well as the desktop application. I do not have a tablet, so can’t judge for the app on a tablet. But with 500+ active riders the lack of a standard chat box and merely having a single chat bubble pop up at a time is just poor design.

The developers ought to have a glance at the way more traditional MMO’s handle chat, as with the increasing popularity of Zwift the current chat system is becoming increasingly pointless.

Agree 100% - when everyone gets chatty, the mobile app (Android) is unusable.

Hey folks,

We hear you, and are working on overhauling how chat works on mobile at the moment. In the mean time, there is the option to disable Group and/or Private messages in the mobile app via the Settings screen if things get too chatty.

Thanks for the update.  Yep, noticed the option to turn off group messages on the phone and it worked great.  

I agree with Eric. The constant chat messages at the top of the App is very annoying. Makes the App’s upper buttons very hard to use. 

I would be much better to have the option of placing the chat bubbles on the main screen only.