No Wrench Icon after Latest Update

Following the latest update, I have noticed that the wrench icon is missing from the pairing screen. I went to calibrate and it was not there. I restarted the application and no luck. I am riding a Hammer Direct Drive Trainer. I know that with a new one it takes a few rides for the wrench to appear. However, mine is not new. I know I can use the Rouvy app to calibrate, but doing it on Zwift is convenient. Is anyone else having this issue? Any help with this would be greatly appreciated! Is there an update that is going to be pushed out to fix this bug?

Thanks,
Mike

Some calibrations were removed in the latest update: Game Update: Feb 27, 2020

I would suggest always using the manufactures app to calibrate trainers since Zwift might not have access to the latest data.

2 Likes

Thank You Paul! I will use the Rouvy app to calibrate. I never really thought about that. I appreciate the help!

2 Likes

Hi Paul: I may be late to this question but ran into it this morning. Erg mode workout seemed off. Coach told me to do a calibration in Zwift - “find the wrench”. I’m using a first generation Hammer smart trainer - it interfaces fabulously with Zwift and there is no wrench icon upon pairing? Saris has an app with a calibration function - am I missing something in Zwift? Is the Hammer software for calibration the best option?
Thanks.

Yes, using the manufactures app to calibrate is the best option for ALL trainers.

1 Like

Should the wrench be back by now or is still an issue… I certainly don’t see a wrench on my Windows 10 machine.

Zwift suggests there should be a wrench: Zwift How-To: Calibrating Your Smart Trainer :zwift.com/news/3634-how-to-calibrate-your-smart-trainier?__znl=en-eu

1 Like

I don’t have the wrench in the apple app on Apple TV but can do it on the iPad

As Paul already said earlier in the thread, don’t use Zwift to calibrate your trainer. Always use the manufacturer’s app.

I am missing the wrench also, but will use the Wahoo app to do the spin down. The trainer/Zwift interface has been “off” since I did the Wahoo update and the Zwift update earlier this week.

Except Kinetic trainers since their app is one of the worst in the buisness and only connects about 20% of the time. No Zwift calibration means no calibration at all for those riders.

I think I solved the mystery here. I was missing the wrench after having it, and got it back. It turns out that under the Pairing Screen, BOTH the Power Source and Controllable choices must be selected to FE-xxxxx. Ensuring this restored the wrench for me.

I’m using a Wahoo Kickr Snap.