No Signal with cadence sensor and AppleTV

Running AppleTV 4k (version 13.4.6) - latest Zwift tvOS app at time of post
Running iPhone Xs (v. 13.5) - latest Zwift Companion iOS app at time of post

Gear:
Wahoo TICKR HR Strap
Wahoo KICKR Snap
Garmin cadence sensor 2

Setting: Because you can only run two additional BTE devices directly into an AppleTV (due to Apple remote), I need to use the iOS companion app to get all three devices hooked up.

Problem: I can connect all three devices to the companion app (using the UI on tvOS), however the cadence sensor 2 shows “No signal.” - I had the sensor simultaneously hooked to TrainerRoad via ANT+ on a separate machine, and the sensor was outputting cadence data.

Troubleshooting: When I connect the cadence sensor directly to the tvOS Zwift app, it connects and sends cadence data. When I try to move it over to the iOS companion app, I get the No Signal error.

What I noticed: If you go into the Zwift device pairing screen on tvOS, and have the Zwift app forget all of the BTE devices, exit Zwift, without closing Zwift, and sit in the Bluetooth settings menu on tvOS. Wait until your cadence sensor auto-shuts off. AppleTV returns a “cadence sensor disconnected from Zwift” error. I’m wondering why this comes up, even though I already told Zwift (tvOS) to forget all my devices. It would appear that Zwift (tvOS) is not appropriately releasing/handing off the cadence sensor to the companion app on the phone.

I have the same set-up, and I’m having the same problem with cadence, but it is an intermittent problem - the companion app and cadence worked flawlessly yesterday, but today I had to use AppleTV to get cadence (and give up heart rate).

I can’t find the Zwift device pairing screen on tvOS, but I’m wondering whether I need to delete the cadence sensor from my iphone – I’m not sure it needs to be there for the companion app to work – and maybe that’s sometimes taking the BTE signal?