Hi. I have searched through all of the Known Issue and Bugs and Support threads, as well as the archives, and haven’t seen an answer that has helped me, though some problems others have had are similar.
Let me start by clarifying that my current set up has worked well for about 1 year now. .
Ever since the last Zwift update, Zwift cannot seem to keep a connection to any of my ANT+ devices; all of them can connect but say “No Signal.” During a Zwift ride, the signal from my trainer keeps getting dropped and therefore my avatar is continually stopping, hopping off the saddle, and then restarting; this happens several times within one mile and continues throughout the workout. My cadence sensor signal also repeatedly drops and reconnects, and before it reconnects, Zwift often reads a cadence between 250 & 550 rpm (and my avatar’s little legs become a whirling blur) for about a minute before showing my true cadence.
A bit about my setup and troubleshooting to date:
- Zwift running on Windows 10 PC, with direct connection from computer to ANT+ devices through separate ANT+ dongles
- Wahoo KICKR (2018), Garmin 1000 with cadence sensor
- Garmin devices (GPS and HRM) have no problem maintaining connections with each other
- All power, USB, and other physical connections have been checked and re-checked
- ANT+ dongle moved directly under trainer
- Anything wireless with 2.4GHz moved as far away from ANT+ dongles & devices as possible
- Garmin Express not running on PC at same time as Zwift
- All software updated
- Repeated restarts of Zwift, computer, Garmin, and KICKR
Is there anything else I can try?