Hi, I have been searching these forums and everywhere else, trying to fix a recurring problem.
My preferred setup is to run Zwift on a Dell xps 13 notebook (Core i7) running Windows 7 pro, with ZC on my phone. I used to use BTLE connections through ZC but I was experiencing loss of connectivity, so I bought a small USB Ant+ dongle (the Dynastream micro one like they make for Garmin) and an extension cable. The dongle ends up a couple of feet off the floor, near me and the trainer.
I have no trouble establishing a connection to my Kickr Core and Tickr - everything starts out fine. But often after a few minutes, or 20 minutes, Zwift abruptly loses all signals - the devices show as being paired, but they all say “no signal” at the same time.
Most of the material I see online and from Zwift help addresses signal dropouts or problems establishing connections, not my “everything is fine and all of sudden all device signals are lost at once”. The program runs fine, the dongle works fine, the device driver is up to date, the connections start out strong and when they disappear it’s always both devices at once, suggesting it’s not the Kickr or Tickr at fault. (And indeed, if I run Zwift on my phone - small screen! - with BTLE connections everything is stable.)
Disconnecting and reconnecting the dongle doesn’t help - I get the Windows beeps on both actions, but it does not solve the issue.
Exiting Zwift and restarting it DOES generally fix the problem, but often not for long before it repeats, and it destroys the ride experience. The fact that not touching the hardware but restarting the program re-establishes signal connectivity makes me think there’s something going on that involves the program.
I have disabled power-saving options for the dongle and USB ports both in the Device Manager and in the notebook’s power management options - thinking that could explain the sudden loss of signal. But it has not solved it.
I very much like Zwift, and it’s been a godsend with the Covid gym closures this winter, but this problem is super discouraging. I’m posting this here is the hopes that someone else has had a similar problem and can suggest a course of action. THANKS!