No saved Ride after saving

i’ve done my FTP 10-12 Weeks workout on 2018.12.28 /Week 9 / Day 4 and during the ride i Level up from 17 to 18. After the ride i save the workout and now i can’t find the record. Not on Zwift, not on Strava and not on Garmin… My Level is on 17…What went wrong? Please help me!

It sounds like the upload of the activity to the Zwift servers failed. After clicking on the button to save and upload, did you happen to shut down your system prior to being taken back to the login screen?

What platform are you using? It may be possible to recover a partial fit file for the activity. You will want to open a ticket with Zwift support to see whether they can apply it toward your totals.

Just sent a message to support re this. My ride also did not save today. There was an update before logging in.
Noticed that only my name was on leader board and no other rider icons other than Zwift’s Bots.

Rick

Also no log file created on local server.

Same issues as above on Mac. The past two workouts haven’t registered on Zwift. The last one finally synced with trainingpeaks/Strava (not on Zwift, at least as of this posting), and nada for the first one.

This happened to me today and also last week. Finish ride, save, exited Zwift (computer stays on) and there’s no activity.

Not sure where the log files are, but I’ll go looking now. Is there like a fit file that can be uploaded?

Hi @Tim_im.Eckel_TAB,

Thanks for reaching out!

I took a look into your account and found that there was an error when trying to upload the file. This error occurs when something on the computer is preventing the fit file from being uploaded.

To prevent these kinds of issues in the future, I’d check first to make sure the Windows profile you are running Zwift on has administrative rights. Next, if you have any file syncing/back up software running, make an exception for the Zwift folders in “My Documents” and “My Downloads”. Also, be sure to make an exception for Zwift in any antivirus that may be active. Lastly, I’d recommend turning off any VPN that may be enabled.

If those don’t apply or do not help with future rides, I’d strongly advise that you contact us at Zwift support and let us know what you have tried.

Currently, there is no way to upload a fit file to Zwift after the ride has been completed and while I’d like to credit your account for the missing progress, this is not possible due to technical limitations. I understand that this isn’t what you were hoping to hear, but I hope this does not dampen your enthusiasm.

However, you may be able to recover the fit file for other third party sites like Strava. If the files are saved on your computer successfully, you can find them in the “My Documents/Zwift/Activities” folder.

Give those a shot and let us know how it goes!

I’m the admin user, no file sync or backup software (computer only runs Zwift), only anti-virus software is Windows Defender, and no VPN software.

Further, it uploads almost all of the time, just not every once in a while. There’s also no fit file for this ride, so it’s like it never created the file so that’s why it couldn’t upload it (doesn’t exist). The fit file from my previous ride on the 10th exists.

With no changes to my computer (it’s left on all the time so I didn’t even reboot) I just did a 2 mile ride and finished the same way I did this morning (ended ride on companion app and selected save with the Windows app). It created the fit file and uploaded without issue.

So it would seem it’s not an uploading or permission issue. Zwift just isn’t creating the fit file sometimes so it can’t upload it. As there were zero changes to my computer (not even a reboot) the issue must be with Zwift.

I guess that from now on, not only do I need to fiddle with pairing for 5-20 min everytime before I ride (as it can’t just remember my last settings and wants to pair with a different trainer or over ANT instead), I’ll also need to fiddle with the activities after every ride to verify that the fit file was created. Yeah, this is entertaining…

Rode this morning and again no fit file! I just uninstalled and reinstalled Zwift yesterday because the update was super laggy and I couldn’t select my bike/wheels.

So at this point, Zwift is no longer useful. If I’m paying for anything, it’s to create a fit file and allow me to at least manually upload it to Garmin and Strava. I’m beyond miffed at this point.

And I just noticed the UI is back to being SUPER laggy again. Like it takes 5-10 seconds to do anything, and now it crashed.

Made a backup of my activities folder so it was empty, restarted Zwift and did a 2 mile ride, no fit file (although it showed several from the 14th, none of which were today’s rides).

Did 2 more 2 miles rides, no fit files. So it doesn’t work at all anymore. What’s the refund process?

Rebooted computer, started Zwift as administrator so there could be no permission reason for creating a fit file. Did an angry 2 mile ride with the A pacer, saved, no fit file. The Activities folder is empty. Should it be creating an “inProgressActivity.fit” file at least? Or does it create the file only after the ride?

Anyway, 100% non-functional at this point.

I have had the ongoing issue that the short 5 or 10 minute warm up or cooldown rides I sandwich around my “main” ride often don’t save - even though I definitely select “Save” when I finish.
Don’t have a problem with the main ride saving…any suggestions as to what might be happening?

Rides must be > 2km to be saved

2 Likes

Thanks, Paul. I did not know that. Pretty confident they are all greater than 2k but I will watch next time to be sure.