No Badge for Sand and Sequoias

I’ve ridden the complete circuit on three occasions ensuring I followed the route and completed the mileage. I’m using the app on Apple TV and I don’t get the badge. Not exactly earth shattering but a bit disappointing. Is there something I need to do differently?

When did you last ride the Sand & Sequoias Route?

Are you sure you are not doing the Tempus Fugit route?

1 Like

Hi @Fran_Cola

If you are referring to the ride you did on the 1st of may, then It look like you stopped early.

You stopped at the Red arrow, the route end at the blue arrow.

1 Like

If that’s the case then I don’t understand. I rode 14.0 miles of the course and when I choose the Sand and Sequoias route it says it is 12.5 miles long. I rode the extra to see if the banner would appear saying I finished it. Is the route actually longer than 14.0 miles?

The route starts at the sprint banner under the rock arch, not where you spawn near the race pens.

1 Like

The finish is the Sprint Arch (Stone arch).

START & FINISH

Your actual spawn location will be before the start pens, but the actual route doesn’t begin until you’re up the road a bit, crossing the rock arch start/finish line. This is also the end of the route.

2 Likes

Thank you. I did not know that!

1 Like

the route is 20.2km and the lead in is about 2.4km so Total of about 22.6km (14.2 mile)

Always ride to the banner.

3 Likes

No problem, it catches most people by surprise. Almost all routes start and finish at one of the banners (sprint, KOM, or downtown). On the route selection screen part of the map will have a blue line, then it turns white. The blue part is the lead-in and the white line is the actual route.

3 Likes

Thanks Mike. That’s good info. I did not know what the different colors represented.

2 Likes