Newbie need help setting up

Would like to get on zwift,I have a bike, cycleops fluid2, garmin gsc 10, macbook, and a garmin 305 watch. Can someone point me in the right direction? Do I need an ANT+ dongle?

Hi Kenneth,

Welcome to the forum,

Looking at the garmin gsc 10 sonsor it seem like it is ANT+ only so you sill need a ANT+ dongle.

2 Likes

Hi @Coachman welcome to Zwift forums!

We have a very useful guide to getting started on our Support Hub.

At minimum, your Garmin GSC10 will be needed to send speed data, but as Gerrie noted, that sensor transmits ANT+. So you’ll need an ANT+ dongle for the Macbook.

When you connect everything, please see our guide for setting up classic trainers and a speed sensor - a setup that estimates your power output, or what we call ZPower.

The Garmin 305 is not mentioned specifically in our Heart Rate monitor setup guide, so it may or may not pair correctly. Would you loop back and let us know either way?

1 Like

Hey Team,

I’m very similar to Ken and trying to get set-up for the first time. I’m keen to try out Zwift before committing too much cash to new kit.

I think I have everything that’s needed

• Fenix 5x with Chest HR Band
  • Speed & Cadence sensor - Garmin GSC10
  • ‘Dumb’ Trainer - Tacx Satori

I have an iPhone XR or can connect to a PC

I followed the video to set up the speed sensor but it didn’t “show” with my iPhone. Any tips or advice would be really appreciated

Thanks

Rich

GSC10 Is ANT+ only, not Bluetooth. You need a ANT+ dongle for your PC, for example

I believe there is no possibility to connect with iPhone, but I am not an Apple user.

2 Likes

Thanks so much, what I needed to know!

make sure you buy an extension cable too as you want to put that little ANT+ stick right next to ur trainer. if you have it more than 1m away then you might experience some connection dropouts etc.