Moving "My Garage"

welcome to the crazy world of Zwift UI! Very frustrating, totally agree with the daft placement of the Garage.

2 Likes

It’s my experience that tells me the developer’s don’t pay any attention

I was thinking about the ‘garage’ on my ride today, along with a number of the comments made here, and have a suggestion:

Have the ‘garage’ be basically what it is today, but available BEFORE you actually get into the game, and in inside the Companion app if possible.

AND:

Add a feature called “Team Car”, or something like that, where the rider can set up several ‘favorite’ configurations. This feature should also be available before you actually start a ride, and in the Companion app…The Team Car should then be easily accessible in-game so that the rider can move from one configuration to another in a minimal amount of time, and without having to search through every wheel and frame combination they have.

This would be somewhat similar to golf, where the player has a large number of clubs, but can only carry a certain number during a match. (OK, so maybe not really like golf, but closer to that than the messiness of the ‘Garage’ as it stands today.)

8 Likes

Can we please get options to select our equipment on startup before loading into the game …

1 Like

I can see why the developers wouldn’t want to move anything from the in game menus. Big changes are required and established users would be greatly affected. However, the functionality to access badges and garage could be added to the companion app quite easily without affecting the in game experience at all.

It would also reduce the game server load if like me many people are going in game to access this stuff

1 Like

thats exactly my idea also!

1 Like

Yes, exactly what we need! When in-game, I spend time riding, not configuring.

Would be great from the world select screen to be able to get in to the menu to check your FTP/Weight etc and also to your garage to select your bike/wheels. Doesn’t make sense to have to load up the world to then get to these options.

Worst case having your FTP and weight shown on the world select screen might actually prompt people to update where required

Other options would be having better linking setup such as
FTP can auto update from programs
TrainerRoad
Xert
etc

Weight can auto update from smart scale programs
Withings
Garmin
etc

This can be done linking them all to a free fitbit account

Yes! All the functionality in the Menu (during a ride) needs to be accessible when not doing a ride. This includes Garage, XP, Badges, Challenges, etc. From the companion app would be great - but would be acceptable to have it on the home page before the ride starts. Would also help if route badges could be shown on the route selection screen - that would save a TON of time. THANKS!!!

1 Like

Love to be able to select my bike and other gear before starting a ride. Or maybe giving the ability to change gear within the first minute or two after starting a ride. Many times I want to join a Pace Partner but if my bike is a TT bike from a previous ride this is what I start the ride with then I can’t draft and then I have to change my gear, exit the ride, don’t save then restart the ride with the Pace Partner.

2 Likes

Totally agree with this as it’s happened to me when wanting to join the pace partners. It would be great if you could preset preferred bike setups (eg. TT, climbing, aero, gravel) from your garage and have those combos available to choose from on the start-up screen.

2 Likes

Zwift has presented views of its new UI to come (see Zwift Details Plans for New Neokyo Map, New User Interface, and Clubs Public Launch | DC Rainmaker). The screen shots show a garage icon on the main page. Rollout schedule is a bit fuzzy, but “early 2022” seems to be the consensus.

It looks a bit like a Netflix UI, but at least some of the common gripes appear to have need addressed. Remains to see if the garage will be a garage for real, or just an unmanageable list of components like now.

1 Like

How is this still not a feature yet? I see posts from 2015 and here it is 2022 and still thinking about it lol. It is annoying to have to start a ride just to discard it. Was going to sub but if they can’t make an intuitive change after 7 years….

Might want to check this out which does have Garage access from the home screen. Just need Zwift to wind up the rollout speed …

Cool, yeah I am on Mac. Crazy it took this long though haha

1 Like

Yes please

:+1:t5::+1:t5::+1:t5::+1:t5::clap:t5::clap:t5::clap:t5::clap:t5:

Seriously?
It’s the first time I see all these “VOTES”
Feature is still not implemented :sweat_smile:
I clearly never get bug fixe on companion and ATV for frenchs/Swiss/German … users regarding weight issue with “,” instead of “.” :weary:

From the companion app would be great. I just started and like winding down, see my results, check what I have unlocked etc.

I just leveled up: great, let’s wind down on the couch after a ride to see what I can get with my new hard earned sweat drops. Let’s see if I made some progress on that Everest.

Now I have to make sure that I’m far from my trainer, so that they don’t turn on when starting a ride. Cause the fact that I can do these things only with the app open, made the Zwift Click turn on and drained the battery it came with.

When I’m on the bike, I’m there to ride. All the other stuff is way nicer to do without saddle pain imo

1 Like