Moving "My Garage"

It would be great if there was a way to access “My Garage” from the world selection screen (or maybe even the companion app?) in addition to being within the ride menu. Where the garage is currently located, you have to access it from within a ride. This means that every time I want to change my bike setup or change my kit, all of my followers who have me listed as a favorite are getting notifications from their app that I am riding. Creating this notification for my friends is frustrating, and often times leads to me avoiding going into the garage at all.

For the same reasons listed above, it would be great if you were able to adjust FTP and view Challange progress all without having to be in a ride.

Make sure you vote up this Request also: Drop Shop in Companion

14 Likes

I completely agree! It doesn’t make much sense to have this feature inside the ride app, especially when you get booted after you save a ride.

6 Likes

@Katrina_Burgess: You can go to the garage before you save and exit. Click on the menu button (bottom left) then select Garage.

Thanks, I am aware of this. What people are requesting is that we can save first, then go to the garage before the app automatically closes.

Even better, in my view, would be to move the garage to the Companion app so we don’t have to start a ride to access it.

15 Likes

Thanks for clearing that up. :+1:

I usually change my bike or kit during my warm up, my legs need some time to warm up. :slight_smile:

Or I will look in the garage on my cool down if I got some new stuff during the ride.

Yes I agree I don’t like having to “ride” to go into my garage to change out kits wheels etc. Also the challenges aren’t listed somewhere like “Start A Challenge” it took me a month to figure out there was an Everest Challenge. :roll_eyes:

8 Likes

A complete overhaul of the pre-ride menu’s needs to take place.
The opening pairing screen is fine, Zwift needs to know what sensors you have.

Then you should enter your garage in a first person view.

On the far wall could be maps of Watopia and guest world. Click on the map you want to ride and choose your route (similar to the way you do now).

Want to do a workout, perhaps these could be in a text book on a workbench? Click the book, enter the workout menu that is already present.

Events could be listed on a constantly changing digital screen, only a slight change to the current list in the top right.

Your bikes could be hanging on a wall within the garage, click the general area and it takes you to the current bikes & wheels menu.

A closet in your garage could take you to the current clothing menu’s.

C’mon Zwift, it is time to rethink this outdated and clunky ride menu & garage and make it a much bigger part of the game.

( I have seen rider avatars with default kit and bike when they are level 15 or higher as the user is not aware of current garage).

21 Likes

Why am I so drawn to collecting jerseys when I have over 100? I just rode for LeCol and tomorrow is a new Fondo kit.Would love to wear some of them in the Tour, but of course we’ll all be wearing the 2020 Zwift jersey.

1 Like

I totally agree. Next to the garage, there should be other screens be available from the world selection screen (or companion app or even the on-line profile in the browser)

Settings:
Recently I wanted to adjust the sound volume, so Zwift would more quiet then the music app on the same computer.

Badges:
Maybe I want to see if there is an unearned route badge before I pick a route.

3 Likes

You can get to settings while riding, click on the menu button bottom left of the screen,

It is kind of an annoyance you can only go to the garage and settings while “riding”. But, what I’ve done is started Zwift without being anywhere near my trainer, skipped pairings, started a ride, fiddled with settings and my kit/gear and then exited discarding the ride.

It would be more convenient if settings and the garage where accessible without having to jump through those hoops.

7 Likes

Thanks for your reply, Gerry.
Fair enough :slight_smile: Nevertheless, I was just expecting to be able to get to the settings form anywhere within the application

Your idea is exactly what should, with the exception that you should have the option to go to your garage without having to pair sensors. It should be coupled with your profile and accessible everywhere (companion-app, my.zwift.com, zwift app)

6 Likes

Please allow access to the Zwift Garage/Shop without having to begin a ride.

I thinks it’s stupid to have to begin a ride just to access the garage and shop, modify your avatar/equipment, only to end and delete the ride that you started just so you could perform these basic tasks.

Thank you.

9 Likes

Hi @Aaron_Wismer_Wiz

welcome to the Zwift forum.

Why not do all of those things while warming up.

But please vote for this feature at the top, many users do agree with you.

2 Likes

Because I’m not always riding. Maybe I’m just killing time on my phone sometimes and want to access the garage and shop etc…

5 Likes

Where do I vote? “At the top” doesn’t explain a whole lot. You closed my thread within minutes.

You vote at the top under where you see the number (the Vote button).

@Gerrie_Delport just happened to beat me to it or I would have merged your thread with this one also.

2 Likes

I just moved your thread to this one so that it can get more attention. Zwift will notice more votes and longer threads on the same topic.

1 Like